Proud new owner of 1998 Land Cruiser! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey cool to meet you! Im guessing you are in vista by your name, im in san marcos. What would you say is the nearest wheeling spot from north county? Anza borrego is my typical stomping grounds, have a toybox out there where i keep my buggy and dirt bikes. So much to do and see out there!

I had never heard of corral canyon before and just looked it up. Looks pretty gnarly rock crawling stuff, i know the cruiser is a beast but im reluctant to push the limits right off the bat. Ill feel more comfortable after i install some sliders. I love the look of the terrain down there though and am oretty eager, happen to know any of the more tame trails down there to start on?

Good guess... But I used to live in Vista till I moved to Oceanside about 6 months ago. And I had a Tacoma (Taco) until 10 years ago when I got the 80. There are some pretty rough trails out in Corral Cyn that would require significant armor but there are a few that I would consider easy / medium.

Look up White Knuckle. Jon knows his stuff, and you can save $$ if you're picking it up. I bought a set and my bro bought a set for his GX. best slider for its price. Make sure to get DOM.
Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser / Lexus LX470 Rock Sliders - White Knuckle Off Road Products

Just picked up my White Knuckle sliders last week at the shop and are currently over for powder coat in San Marcos. Saves a bunch of $ in shipping if able to pick up at his shop and gives additional discount if pay in cash. Was already in Big Bear for the weekend so was even more convenient. VERY impressed with the workmanship and welds!

Haha i have had friends who have tried this before sending back east but it didnt work out so well. Where you located now?

Northeast. There are no good burritos on the east coast. I’ve had a few decent ones, but nothing comes even close.

Just picked up my White Knuckle sliders last week at the shop and are currently over for powder coat in San Marcos. Saves a bunch of $ in shipping if able to pick up at his shop and gives additional discount if pay in cash. Was already in Big Bear for the weekend so was even more convenient. VERY impressed with the workmanship and welds!

Very cool. Being able to pick up and cash discount could be the tipping point for me. I saw on the website you could opt for a 1 inch body lift. Did you go for that? Im trying to imagine how it would look. I already have a 2.5" emu suspension lift. I have 35" tires and they can rub a little in tight turns and was thinking maybe the body lift could remedy that

Very cool. Being able to pick up and cash discount could be the tipping point for me. I saw on the website you could opt for a 1 inch body lift. Did you go for that? Im trying to imagine how it would look. I already have a 2.5" emu suspension lift. I have 35" tires and they can rub a little in tight turns and was thinking maybe the body lift could remedy that

Did not go with the body lift sliders. The tallest I plan on going is 2-3" suspension. Personally, I have never been a fan of body lifts.

I have slee and would recommend their dual swing bumper. I originally wanted to go with 4x4 labs because the design/clearance on his is the best. Unfortunately my emails and calls never were returned. I know he's a busy guy so I called up Slee and had a bumper shipped that same day. They run a right ship over there and the bumper's fitment is perfect.

White knuckle is also a great company for sliders. He's currently about 6 weeks out. You can save a ton of money by picking up, but you'll have to pay in full on the site and he'll refund your shipping fee.

I have slee and would recommend their dual swing bumper. I originally wanted to go with 4x4 labs because the design/clearance on his is the best. Unfortunately my emails and calls never were returned. I know he's a busy guy so I called up Slee and had a bumper shipped that same day. They run a right ship over there and the bumper's fitment is perfect.

White knuckle is also a great company for sliders. He's currently about 6 weeks out. You can save a ton of money by picking up, but you'll have to pay in full on the site and he'll refund your shipping fee.

Sliders for me took just over 2 weeks but that was for bare metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom