proportioning valve, will it work? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1993 land cruiser in rapid city South Dakota
Bought a new one off the internet for my 93 land cruiser.
Part number comes up as a Tacoma 2003, rear drums instead of disks.
It looks the same.
Or should I just tie the old one up.
Rear brakes do not seem to be working, after bleeding, adjusting the rod to the axle.
Also found that the shop did not bleed the proportioning valve because it looked like the bleeder would break off.

You want to raise the rod up for more rear brakes, I would start by bleeding everything including the lspv, some 93s came with drums instead of disc also. If it appears the same does it have same part number as the old one?

Just delete it? I might have old functioning ones laying around still. Would have to look in my shed. I’ve deleted several over the years.

You want to raise the rod up for more rear brakes, I would start by bleeding everything including the lspv, some 93s came with drums instead of disc also. If it appears the same does it have same part number as the old one?

The rod was run under the upper control arm when they put on the lift. So the rod gets bent down when it gets flexed up. I was going to try to bend the rod so it comes out of the valve level then up and over the control arm, then back down to the axle mount.

I have also just thought about cutting it and tie it up under the truck.

The rod was run under the upper control arm when they put on the lift. So the rod gets bent down when it gets flexed up. I was going to try to bend the rod so it comes out of the valve level then up and over the control arm, then back down to the axle mount.

I have also just thought about cutting it and tie it up under the truck.
I cut the rod bent it full up and zip tied it to that position, my brakes work great and stop 37s fine. I have though been through the entire system and replace all lines calipers etc

A lot of people including myself have done that. This was my solution. Just bent up a Z bracket out of some aluminum I had. Bought a spherical rod end and a lock collar.

20181209_115635-jpg.1850537

So how do you delete it? Just put in a T fitting?
Thank you.

You still need a proportioning valve, I would not just toss it, do the proper bleed order and hopefully solves your problem . Correct bleed order 1. rear passenger side 2. LVPS make sure it bleeds 3. rear drivers side 4. front passenger side 5. Drivers side, I do many with a home made power bleeder, I can do it in about 40 minutes solo

You still need a proportioning valve, I would not just toss it, do the proper bleed order and hopefully solves your problem . Correct bleed order 1. rear passenger side 2. LVPS make sure it bleeds 3. rear drivers side 4. front passenger side 5. Drivers side, I do many with a home made power bleeder, I can do it in about 40 minutes solo

I just bought one of those from harbor freight. I hope it works.

Thank you everyone.

Bought a new one off the internet for my 93 land cruiser.
Part number comes up as a Tacoma 2003, rear drums instead of disks.
It looks the same.
Or should I just tie the old one up.
Rear brakes do not seem to be working, after bleeding, adjusting the rod to the axle.
Also found that the shop did not bleed the proportioning valve because it looked like the bleeder would break off.
Check the master cylinder first, if you haven’t already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom