Project - Not so Nice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lemme reiterate what @NCFJ said .... careful not to go to the floor with the pedal. Can either ruin seals in the MC or tear the aged diaphragm in the booster.

Hopefully I didn't obliterate any seals...no leaks atm. Once I bench bled the mc, the rest worked as I expected. Thanks for all the pointers.

Need more help.

Trying to get running. It sputters and seems like it wants to run but is really rough. Johnny helped me install the dizzy so I'm hoping we both didn't do it wrong.

New cap, rotor, wires plugs, coil, almost everything.

I have fuel and I guessing spark as its sputtering. I DO have oil pressure...which is what I was concerned about, not it not starting.

I swapped plug wires 6 to 1, 5 to 2 and 3 to 4 thinking it was 180 out maybe. It didn't do anything trying this way, but maybe it was flooded? My shop smells like gas but mainly since I had a loose hose and s*** leaked on the floor. No leak now tho.

Fxxx....fxxx...s***...fxxx

OK...now that I finally slept some...details.

I was able to get the truck to run with the dizzy rotated counter clockwise as far as possible. I may be a tooth off. I purchased a timing light last night and it should be in tomorrow. This is the one i purchased --> Product Detail Was ~70 bucs shipped via amazon. Having the digital rpm should make tuning the idle super easy...not that I think I need to with a newly rebuilt JimC carb.

After pulling the truck back into the garage last night I think I've remedied my clutch and brake fluid leaks.

Plan to order some one-way vacuum valves for the distributor vacuum lines (thanks for that pointer @Trollhole ). Don't want exploding distributor cap.

Will be checking and marking all bolts...thanks to those that found some loose ones...whoazers...then finishing up small stuff, installing soft top and enjoy it!

When I put it back in the garage last night I tried 2 low in the granny gear...so cool.

What mounts and fire extinguishers are folks running? Also - is 1 5lb enough or should I shoot for two?

I'm also looking for some roll bar grab handles and the selection is almost as bad as phone cases...tons. Any type I should gravitate to or away from?

What mounts and fire extinguishers are folks running? Also - is 1 5lb enough or should I shoot for two?

I'm also looking for some roll bar grab handles and the selection is almost as bad as phone cases...tons. Any type I should gravitate to or away from?

Can't help with the fire extinguisher mount - mine is ghetto and needs replacing.

For grab handles, I bought the fairly inexpensive smittybilts and they are fine.

Leaning toward one 5lb h3r maxout extinguisher (abc type) and one of their 2.5 lb halguard extinguishers (clean agent). H3r also makes a nice an 'extreme duty' mount that should fit a roll bar.

I'm using the little plastic mount that comes with the extinguisher. Seems to have held up OK.

Just particular and maybe a bit meticulous but nothing wrong with either. Just be nice to hang out again :)

Hey at least the garage is built and waiting this round :clap:

I, for one, welcome our Land Cruiser Overlords that control our wallets and time.

(But we need more pics)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom