Project: "Not going to do a frame off" Frame Off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nick, I was wondering how you liked the Corbeau retractable seatbelts. I am thinking about getting some for my rig. I was going to mount them to the cage behind the seat. Are they working out okay or would you go a different route? The wife said she needed a harness.

They are ok. It seems like the retracter part needs to be wound tighter so that it keeps the seatbelt pulled in more. Sometimes it seems loose. They are comfortable though. I'm going to Moab in a few days so we'll see how they work out there while off camber.

Nick

That would be great if you would.post back up after you get back.

How did you like your seatbelts. I am getting ready to purchase some and was wonderng how you faired with them at moab. Did you have to mount them straight down? I need to be able to get people in my back seat and really can't install a bar across the back like what it needed for the other harnesses.
Thanks

How did you like your seatbelts. I am getting ready to purchase some and was wonderng how you faired with them at moab. Did you have to mount them straight down? I need to be able to get people in my back seat and really can't install a bar across the back like what it needed for the other harnesses.
Thanks

I was pleased with my belts. The locked up when they should have but still gave me freedom when I needed it. I do wish they had a little more tension on them, but all in all I am happy. I have some pictures of how I mounted them earlier in my thread.

I am like you, a horizontal bar behind the front seats wouldn't work for me or my daughter who climbs back there all the time. This was a good alternative and if I had to do over again, I'd buy another set.

Nick

Cool, thanks for getting back to me. Glad they worked out. I think I will go ahead and get them.

Just read your whole thread. Great work man, that came together very nicely!

Thanks man. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago!

I never tire of reading build threads like this. Nice work!

It was a TON of work but completely worth it. It is such a fun vehicle to have. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

First post here and I have to say what an excelent job you did on this truck! Congrats!

Thanks. I replied to your PM on the height which is around 82-83" w/ the hardtop. Oh and since you used your first post in my thread ...

:flipoff2: Welcome to MUD.

Nick

What is the latest on this project? Can you supply some completed pics of the tranny, TC, and motor mounts you used? Also the final shifter/stick setup. Nice work and thank you!

Hello,
good work, i like this color.
Sam

Thanks

Nick Great job and love the color of your cruiser!

Thank u. It was my favorite color by far.

What is the latest on this project? Can you supply some completed pics of the tranny, TC, and motor mounts you used? Also the final shifter/stick setup. Nice work and thank you!

The latest is I've been driving it and haven't done any other work to it which has been nice. I fabbed the transfer case and tranny mounts. I used the Matt Beir mounts which are stout.

As far as the final shifter, I will one day swap out the floor shifter with a column shifter but I'm not in any hurry to do that right now.

I'll try to get some more pics.

Nick

Nick,

I just(sorta) purchased my first fj40, and I cant even begin to express the amount of inspiration I have gotten off your thread. Thank you for your work and dedication!

Tyler

Nick,

I just(sorta) purchased my first fj40, and I cant even begin to express the amount of inspiration I have gotten off your thread. Thank you for your work and dedication!

Tyler

Tyler -

I'm glad my thread helped you out and hopefully it will continue to help you on your build. Sorry I haven't got any pics up yet. The last year I have been working in a different city from where my cruiser is, so I haven't had access to it as much as I did. That should change in about a month though. I'll post some up as soon as I can.

Oh, and congrats on getting your first 40!

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom