Builds Project Killer B - 1988 BJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The plan was to weld on new OEM mounts. If I'm going to start cutting, it might as well be coils, as you suggest. So maybe I'll cut over the winter.

The parabolic springs were cleaned, blasted where required, and coated. The plastic slider pads for the spring tips were machined from gray colored oil filled UHMWPE. I'd rather have nice new shot peened units, but they are NLA. These springs will due for the rest of the season.

View attachment 1737675

View attachment 1737676

I used parabolics on a 1978 hzt 45 pickup, best ride comfort with bed empty of any other spring i have tried.

Did you ever do anything with the Hino...

Other than occasionally driving this on nice days (the FRP top has been removed), nothing much has been done over the last several years. I’d like to drive it more, so I finally broke down and ordered up all the FST parts. If everything is available, it should all arrive from Japan in a couple weeks.

Parts arrival has begun. I’d love to compare this 65910-60101-A0 tarpaulin to the 65910-60160-A0… the 60101 is significantly less expensive.
CF26F210-3ECB-4A1B-A2C3-FDC900874DC9.jpeg

60101 is a shorty, 60160 is a mid wheelbase.

Forklift part. Very cool.

Forklift part numbers seem to end in "-71" judging from all the parts we get for our Toyota forklifts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom