Project Hatchet. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good Adam. Looking at the back panel. Have you considered using a bead roller and adding some stiffness to that panel?
That would be awesome. I’m really enjoying this kind of build, and already want to do another one. I think that will be something for the next one. For now the 1” square tube frame in front of the back panel will be all of the stiffness it gets. It is 16 gauge, so it’s pretty rugged. Next one I think I’ll use 20 maybe? and bead roller.

Just fyi, @girraffe used a mini truck back. It fit almost perfect.
Looked really good, too. Almost factory

Just fyi, @girraffe used a mini truck back. It fit almost perfect.
Looked really good, too. Almost factory
Do you recall if it was an extended cab or regular cab mini truck, and what vintage? I can get a cab off a regular cab for free probably. That might have been easier, in hind sight.

You should change the title of the thread to "project hatchet - a build thread" or something like that

I'll call him and find out and get back to you.

IMG_2171 Goat.JPG

That’s not a bad idea.
adam. Let’s plan for me to come over on Saturday again. Same time. 8-12.
hopefully we can knock out the rear panel this time.

That’s not a bad idea.
adam. Let’s plan for me to come over on Saturday again. Same time. 8-12.
hopefully we can knock out the rear panel this time.
Awesome, I picked up a couple argon/co2 bottles. I’ll have all the back panels welded on when you get here.

Finished the rear fuel tank bracket, lengthened the strap on the outside
A923C93F-099F-41DC-B4FC-23D7A059335F.jpeg
DCE5FE0F-2E30-4F16-9DDC-E813F6AD570D.jpeg
BB3B65CC-E584-40B6-905B-88C451705DD4.jpeg
and hung the tank. I then dropped the tank back down to finish painting the back of the cab, bed and frame. Of course I took a picture of the strap before I cut it but not after. The tank was previously sandwiched to the bottom of the body, which is no longer there. :)

And the back of the cab is in primer. I checked the fit of the rear window, not thrilled about it, but it will work for now. Once the primer is dry I can apply some dura-glass to fill in the imperfections in the corners and around the patches.
4A446DB2-F2E0-4BAB-BD8D-E7306E8FE6EE.jpeg
6E97F1EA-40AB-490D-A98B-58A1E3FFFE69.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom