Project Hatchet. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got this going too

CE125B4C-85D4-423C-A836-8578BD011608.jpeg

I will let Adam or Ryan load pics but here is a small teaser.

C8622E48-CF2A-4056-A892-864B6A69E7E3.jpeg

Johny had to leave at noon and I rode with him so had to leave also. Would of liked to help for at least a couple more hours. I am tired. I would think everybody is. We put in 14 hours between 6 of us by the time we left at noon today for a combined total of 84 man hours. And the rest of the guys were still working when we left.

I had a great time hanging out and working on PROJECT “HATCHET” ; )
It already looks badess and it’s not even done yet.

Adam, let me know if u are going to put some work into it on Saturday and once I know my schedule for next weekend I will let you know if I can come by Saturday maybe 9:00 am to 12:00 noon, to help to try finishing the sheatmetal.

Ton of fun. Adam should have the pleasure to introduce hatchet, so I'll save my pics too. Well except for this one :lol:

PXL_20200926_143542441.jpg

First off, I’d like to thank everyone who helped out this weekend. As Del said, there was a tremendous amount of hours that went into this truck this weekend. The actual chopping of the body went surprisingly fast, I’m going to guess that within an hour we had the back off. @IcutYourCruiser and my self probably spent 3-4 hours Friday night getting it ready to make the cut. It was a great a deal of help to have the insight and ideas from everyone to help shape this build. There were a number of things that I had envisioned working out differently, but I’m very happy with the way everything has turned out so far

I’ve never had a named rig, and never could think of a fitting name for this one. I think we’ve definitely found a name, after what we did to it yesterday, and our little visit from hatchet Henry, this name is definitely a winner, unlike hatchet Henry and his friends ( or his enemies).

I unfortunately did not take that many pictures, but I’m pretty sure that @raanderson77 got quite a few, along with all the go pro footage from @IcutYourCruiser.

50D5F912-7D3E-4536-B1F2-7C7D9AC30E3B.jpeg

laying out the frame for the tray prior to assembly.
0278FED8-8A8F-491B-8CB0-6F307F0238D4.jpeg

tray placement for to get an idea of positioning

9115BA34-4207-4397-8318-11123283D379.jpeg

and this is how we ended the day yesterday.

Last edited:
The tray is almost ready for a floor, there’s a few more attachment points to make the rear bumper a suitable recovery point, and the beginning of the frame work for the rear mounted winch. For the floor of the tray, I’m pretty sure I’m going with 3/16 tread plate. In the front, I need to add a couple more braces and attach and finish the roll bar.

There’s also a good bit of body work to bed done on the cab.

Nice work fellas!

Adam, let me know if u are going to put some work into it on Saturday and once I know my schedule for next weekend I will let you know if I can come by Saturday maybe 9:00 am to 12:00 noon, to help to try finishing the sheatmetal
I am planning to work on it this Saturday, actually all week after work this week. I’ll save the sheet metal till next weekend if you want come buy and help finish that.

Bad ass!!! What's the plan for the back wall of the cab? Flat sheet metal with a small window of some kind?

Reactions: AJR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom