Project 40 "restorative buildup" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are some updated pictures. I didn't get the cage installed yet, so we modified the driver's seat brackets for the Corbeau. I'm going to leave the passenger bench in until I do the cage.
bracket.jpg

seats.jpg

New radiator is in...
radiator.jpg

And it already has it hobbyist plates. The thing I can't understand is why it takes 2 months to get a drivers license and 2 weeks to get new plates.
plate.jpg

Last edited:
Trucks really starting to come together now Tim, how about some more recent pictures though? Your video is more up to date ;)

I know - I haven't had time to take any. I got the new windshield in on Sunday. The frame ended up being from a '76, so now it's even harder to tell what year the truck is supposed to be.

It might be over thinking it, but if you moved the tabs on the front mount of your traction bar to the bottom of the crossmember rather than hanging out the back, it would be less of a shear and more of a tension load, shears are usually bad. and since the mount cant support any load but in line with the connection link, why give it a lever arm to work on the round tube crossmember.

That probably wouldn't have been a bad idea, but no one thought about that at the time. We were basing it off of the JK Customs bar. I have since added some triangular gussets to each side of the crossmember mount, but that probably doesn't reduce the shear stress that much. We'll see how long it holds up - if it causes me problems I will probably redo it the way you suggested.

there's probably not enough of a load to cause problems with an arm that long, its's just my engineering geek coming out.

Very nice. My truck seems so dirty to me now.
Must...

go...

clean...............

Chris

And it already has it hobbyist plates. The thing I can't understand is why it takes 2 months to get a drivers license and 2 weeks to get new plates.
It's because you live in a nicer area, here in Woodburn, you can get plates a DL and a clean title in about an hour, ID optional.

To bring this back from the dead, I finally got the cage installed in slightly under a year. I think it was worth it though - turned out really nice. Metaltech front profile bars, custom everything else. We still need to do the seat cradle and I have a couple gussets, grab handles and frame tie-ins to install.

awsome job. looks great.
its all coming together.

chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom