Product Spotlight: Cruiser Outfitters Knuckle Rebuild Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Order online here:
1588189029898.png

any eta when the 80 series knuckle kits will be back in stock? I've been watching your site for a while and I'd like to rebuild my axles before it gets too cold.

We are seeing more and more worn/damaged spindles during the knuckle rebuild and/or wheel bearing overhaul process. Spindles should be inspected for wear at several locations:

1. Damaged or worn threads, this will prevent proper pre-load on the wheel bearings and can allow major failure.
2. Damaged bearing surfaces at the inner and outer wheel bearing position. If you can feel it with your fingernail, it's likely too much.
3. Damaged seal surface area, check for pitting or excessive groove.
4. Damaged spindle bushing/bearing, check for excessive wear, missing rollers, etc.

As such, we are stocking more and more spindle components from OE Toyota, High Quality Japanese manufactures and more. We carry complete spindles and replacement spindle bushings and bearings too!

View attachment 1381028
FA60081OEM (OEM Toyota) & FA60080 (Joint Fuji Japanese)

Part# FA60080 - $145.00/each (new lower price!)
Joint Fuji Japanese Replacement w/Upgraded Spindle Bushing/Bearing. Fits 1/1990-12/1997 8x Series/LX450. Spindle bushing/bearing combo is pre-installed so no additional parts are needed. One required per side, two per axle.

Part# FA60081OEM - $227.50/each RETAIL @ TOYOTA IS $340.36 :eek:
OEM Toyota Replacement w/Upgraded Spindle Bushing/Bearing. Fits 1/1990-12/1997 8x Series/LX450. Spindle bushing/bearing combo is pre-installed so no additional parts are needed. One required per side, two per axle.

Pricing current here:
Cruiser Outfitters
All right, i am getting ready to call you and order my first wheel bearing / knuckle kit full koyo of course. From my decades with my 1998 Tacoma i love the blue box (Koyo) the same as the red Mr t box (Koyo). I also like saving money :)

I picked my 1997 FZJ80 up a 1.5 years ago from the PO who performed zero maintenance on the axles. I used @landtank front axle test thread and found my trunion bearing have play as well as the wheel bearings which had been spinning free wearing halfway through the thrust washer.

I say lll this to aske a question, i am thinking i should play it safe and order spindles and drive flanges along with the full wheel bearing and knuckle Koyo kit? Thoughts?

Thanks Mud :flipoff2:

Thrust Washer.jpg

I have a 1996 Cruiser and I am in need of front spindles. I see them on your original website but can not find them on the actual shopping sight.
Do you guys still carry them? if so a link would be great, I have already ordered the complete front end rebuild kit.

I have a 1996 Cruiser and I am in need of front spindles. I see them on your original website but can not find them on the actual shopping sight.
Do you guys still carry them? if so a link would be great, I have already ordered the complete front end rebuild kit.
Today I ordered full koyo front and rear axle kits with new spindles and drive flanges.

They had spindles in stock when I ordered.

All right, i am getting ready to call you and order my first wheel bearing / knuckle kit full koyo of course. From my decades with my 1998 Tacoma i love the blue box (Koyo) the same as the red Mr t box (Koyo). I also like saving money :)

I picked my 1997 FZJ80 up a 1.5 years ago from the PO who performed zero maintenance on the axles. I used @landtank front axle test thread and found my trunion bearing have play as well as the wheel bearings which had been spinning free wearing halfway through the thrust washer.

I say lll this to aske a question, i am thinking i should play it safe and order spindles and drive flanges along with the full wheel bearing and knuckle Koyo kit? Thoughts?

Thanks Mud :flipoff2:

View attachment 2692340

That is definitely a worn thrust washer. They are rather inexpensive and I would replace (Part# FA42030)

Spindles and drive flanges are a bit tougher question as they are a more substantial investment. If you can afford the downtime, I would tear down and inspect. If you can't and you suspect wear (how many miles) then grab em, install them and know it's good to go for another 250k :D

We absolutely carry them, both Japanese (FA60080) and the OEM versions as well (FA60081OEM). We are still adding tons of parts to the CruiserTeq.com ecommerce site and those are not there just yet, soon! Please give us a call to order. :cool:

That is definitely a worn thrust washer. They are rather inexpensive and I would replace (Part# FA42030)

Spindles and drive flanges are a bit tougher question as they are a more substantial investment. If you can afford the downtime, I would tear down and inspect. If you can't and you suspect wear (how many miles) then grab em, install them and know it's good to go for another 250k :D
I just picked up my third members from Taylor Axel Works in Placerville reared a 488 and ARB air lockers.

I worked with Chris and Brent to order all my parts from Cruiser outfitters.

Didn't make any sense if I was tearing the axles down to bare metal to not replace everything so I ordered birfs and drive flanges along with the full Koyo kits.

Seems like every time I called Cruiser outfitters it's a great experience, thank you. Everyone I talk to you really knows their stuff.

I wanted to order new front disc rotors but with the weight and shipping cost I'm going to try my local dealer.

Screenshot_20210629-095331.png

Screenshot_20210629-095347.png

I just picked up my third members from Taylor Axel Works in Placerville reared a 488 and ARB air lockers.

I worked with Chris and Brent to order all my parts from Cruiser outfitters.

Didn't make any sense if I was tearing the axles down to bare metal to not replace everything so I ordered birfs and drive flanges along with the full Koyo kits.

Seems like every time I called Cruiser outfitters it's a great experience, thank you. Everyone I talk to you really knows their stuff.

I wanted to order new front disc rotors but with the weight and shipping cost I'm going to try my local dealer.

View attachment 2717587

View attachment 2717588

Thank you! Great looking 80 :cool:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom