Pro comp wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have never run 17's of any brand, but my guess is that you would have to grind a little off the inside corners of your calipers (I did to fit my pro comp 15's) or use a 1/4" slide on spacer for the front wheels.

Those say 4.5" backspacing or 4.5" BS

AFAIK anything greater than 3.75 inch backspacing will need to be test fitted before buying them. They may fit, but I've never heard of anything over 4" BS bolting on.

I'd shoot for 3.5" backspacing for a stock look in regards to how far the wheel sticks out. Want a wider track width go for 2.5 inch backspacing, but that will put more stress on the bearings.

Of course backspacing is dependent on the width of the wheel. Offset is measured from the center and usually is in mm.

Example: 8 inch wide wheel with 3.5 inch backspacing would be -13mm offset (actually 12.7 but you get the point)

Cant open that link so I this may or may not be of help.

I run 17 x 9 Pro Comp wheels with 2.5" of backspacing.

IMG_0270.jpg

I run the 098 Series. 17X9 4" BS 285/75R17 Toyo Mt's. I find them heavy,
but I'm not totally happy with them. The powder coating is poor and they are rusting underneath the powder coat. They are less than 3 yrs and garage kept.
Just my experience, FWIW

IMG-20130421-01633.jpg

IMG-20130421-01633.jpg

he is looking at the Rockcrawler model 97... So the one's that Cam is showing in his pic... Still love your truck dude!!!

I run the 098 Series. 17X9 4" BS 285/75R17 Toyo Mt's. I find them heavy,
but I'm not totally happy with them. The powder coating is poor and they are rusting underneath the powder coat. They are less than 3 yrs and garage kept.
Just my experience, FWIW

View attachment 832745

are you running any type of wheel spacers? Any modifications required to get the wheels to work properly?

are you running any type of wheel spacers? Any modifications required to get the wheels to work properly?

Nope, the 17" rims clear all the tie rods and calipers. They are a perfect fit with those tires. In that pic I was measuring tire clearance on the springs. 1/2" clear with full turn front and back to the springs.

probably closer to 11" 285 is 28.5 cm = 11.2"

Nope, the 17" rims clear all the tie rods and calipers. They are a perfect fit with those tires. In that pic I was measuring tire clearance on the springs. 1/2" clear with full turn front and back to the springs.

Wow, I can't believe they fit. Interesting. I've been looking to go up to a 16 but maybe I'll do a 17!

I want to get rid of my current wheels and wheel spacers (15 inch wheels) and go to 17inch 35 series tires...something like a 17*8 wheel with something along the lines of a 35*10.5*17 tire or approx. close in metric.

I have the 4runner calipers...problem now is that the wheel "hub" part rubs the caliper...not by much but enough where the wheel will not seat down properly. At the rear no issues. Wheel are rockcrawlers...black steel (forgot the model #)... 33*10.5*15 tires on 15*8 rock crawler wheel with 3.5 BS.

Sounds like you have found a good solution.

One thing with the Pro-Comp steelies- look at that maximum load weight! Time to go on a diet...

t

One thing with the Pro-Comp steelies- look at that maximum load weight! Time to go on a diet...

t

Why?

Little 15" inch rims are rated at 2000lbs (thats per corner) 8000lbs total. Hope your cruiser doesn't weigh that much.

FWIW, I had to order mine custom for the 2.5 inch backspacing. If I had the orig. cruiser callipers i think they would have fit fine. The 4Runner callipers needed a bit of careful massaging to clear the back of the rim in my application.

Cruiserpilot... love that deep forest/army green of your truck. What is the actual color and did you do it or was it the PO?

Cam - I still think your truck is one of the best looking on here. And damn you, DAMN YOU and your Toyota Diesel sexiness!!!!

Why?

Little 15" inch rims are rated at 2000lb

Hmm, interesting- I was looking at the 15x8's for myself

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/S...px?t_c=11&t_s=209&t_pt=100021&t_pn=PCW97-5883

and they're 1600.

but the bigger 16 and 17's are 2000, you're right.

At 1600, that's an axle load of #3200- #6400 total, IF it's distributed evenly.

Which seems close to some of the trail rigs posted up here! :D

I haul and tow, so my rear axle load's often over #3200.
(and yeah, there's a full floater that's supposed to go in there soon)

But #2000 is probably ok, given that you'd hope there's a bit of safety margin.

Odd that there are 2 distinct weights. Maybe different gauge center sections?

t

Cruiserpilot... love that deep forest/army green of your truck. What is the actual color and did you do it or was it the PO?

Cam - I still think your truck is one of the best looking on here. And damn you, DAMN YOU and your Toyota Diesel sexiness!!!!

Make ya feel double bad now....I'm running a 12HT/H55 in mine. The colour is
1969 Ford Black Jade - which I like to refer to as 'Westcoast Rainforest Green'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom