Prinsu Roof Rack Group Buy 2nd ROUND-CLOSED (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I vote for closing the group buy by sometime this weekend, I've personally attempted to contact those folks not responding several times with no luck. Some even have been active in the ih8mud forum. Your call BMThiker. I believe we have gone above and beyond.
Agree

I'm good with that as well.
Here's the edited list:

1. BMThiker
  2. montypr
  3. the stig
  4. hardydanger
  5. smoothcruiser
  6. strangerdanger
  7. western flyer
  8. Enders
  9. fatboy
  10. Bucketman
  11. TeeDiggs
  12. OverlandLife
  13. dcguillory
  14. 80chrgd
  15. itsky
  16. bmw635
  17. benjrblant
  18. ArkhamZ
  19. Dankin56
  20. Flightrisk99
  21. john schneitman
  22. SoCal80
  23. bakjak
  24. Drake Dischler

Hey Guys. I have not been on MUD much lately to keep tabs on this. I just wanted to reintegrate that I am still in for this and to let me know if more info from me is needed and when payment is due. Happy T day tomorrow...I am going camping in Anza Borrego with my 80, daughter, and dog. :) Thanks.

message from Zach/Prinsu:

"Rick,

Thanks for taking over on this. I am not real active on mud so I hadn't followed the thread and wasn't sure what had come of it. I will email out some purchase information on Monday. Just FYI that you can pass on to the thread. With the holidays here lead times will be a bit longer. Many of my machinist have year end maintenance schedules during December where they service their machines so schedules can vary."

Some of you (and new folks) have recently PM'd me since I closed this thread over the weekend. I'm sure if you contact Zach using the info on post one, he will accommodate you. Just mention that you wanted to participate in the MUD group buy. No need to send me your personal info at this point.

This thread is officially closed now.

Update from Zach:

I am drafting an email now for all the participants and will send it out to the emails you provided. It will have instructions, lead times, and a coupon code to use on my website.

I got my code email from Zach. I'm sure others have too. If you still want to participate, DO NOT PM me your details.

Contact Zach directly (zachscott@prinsudesign.com) and he may still send out codes based on this message:

CODE DISCLAIMER
The number of codes will correlate to the number of people on the sign up list. Please do not share your code with others. If someone is interested that didn't get on the sign up list before the order window, they can email during the order window to receive a code. Codes will only be active during the specified order window. If more people sign up I will unlock more slots up to a 50 participant cap.

PRINSU Design Studio is a one man operation that I do on top of a full time day job and family life. Typical lead times on normal orders are usually 4 weeks. With the added volume of a group buy and the current holiday season, those lead times will likely increase and delivery of racks could take up to 6 weeks. If you are not OK with these lead times please do not order. I will make every effort possible to ensure quick and speedy delivery but appreciates your flexibility and patience.

If you need to communicate with me regarding your order. Please do so via the email listed above. Due to my day job I am unavailable by phone during the day and evenings are spent preparing racks for shipment or with my family making phone availability limited.​

Last edited:
Just a quick update from Zack. I emailed him prodding for an update and his response was:

The bare metal racks have been shipped. The coated ones I will be shipping this upcoming week.

Post up when your Prinsu rack arrives and post pics when you get it installed.

I received one last Thursday.

Not yet, but I talked to him last monday, he said, "just waiting on crossbars. My machinist keeps giving me little bits so I have been shipping 3-4 at a time instead of 10-15. Should be ready to go this week."

it's all good in the hood.

full

full

full

The side rails didn't exactly match up with the gutter. There were a few gaps in some places. A bit disappointed that all the hardware is SAE and not metric- might consider switching the gutter mounts to metric hardware in the future. Can't seem to position the gutter mount bolts in a way to prevent them from dragging on the door weather stripping either, will consider a hex drive headless set screw and a locknut.

This thread has some good info in installing the gutter mounts with a leveling washer. I have some (not pictured) and would recommend installing these.
Another Prinsu Roof Rack mount option

full

full

full

The side rails didn't exactly match up with the gutter. There were a few gaps in some places. A bit disappointed that all the hardware is SAE and not metric- might consider switching the gutter mounts to metric hardware in the future. Can't seem to position the gutter mount bolts in a way to prevent them from dragging on the door weather stripping either, will consider a hex drive headless set screw and a locknut.

This thread has some good info in installing the gutter mounts with a leveling washer. I have some (not pictured) and would recommend installing these.
Another Prinsu Roof Rack mount option
Thanks for the info, the roof top looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom