For Sale Pricing help? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wouldn't pay $15K... I supposed $8K or slightly more if it's all there and really no rust. Be aware Air Cleaner is missing. OE carb is missing (from pix anyway). Rear quarter has been cut for flares.

And I can't tell from the pix what's going on with the Transfer case shift lever... Is it missing ? That's not the original shift boot, either.

That's a truck I would definitely have inspected first if you're not sure what you're looking at.

The transfer case shifter would be under the dash on this year.

486659EC-28A7-4CFF-A863-72722F9B6EA0.jpeg

This might clean up fairly well. I would not worry too much about an incorrect shift boot, fender flares, an aftermarket carb. Things happen in a 50 year span. An original paint 40 is getting harder and harder to find. Make them an offer and go from there.

This 40 has been advertised locally on and off for a LONG time, over a year or close to it.

If there's sentimental attachment (inherited in the ad) it could be the stumbling block to it selling/priced at the reasonable figure it's actually worth.
Went through this when I bought my 78, a grandfather passed away and the daughters inherited the car they learned how to drive stick in.......had to tread lightly but firmly to purchase, and still gave more than I wanted to but everyone came out happy

This might clean up fairly well. I would not worry too much about an incorrect shift boot, fender flares, an aftermarket carb. Things happen in a 50 year span. An original paint 40 is getting harder and harder to find. Make them an offer and go from there.
Are they any mud guys who can go check it out? I’d give em $50 bucks if it’s not much trouble.

This 40 has been advertised locally on and off for a LONG time, over a year or close to it.

If there's sentimental attachment it could be the stumbling block to it selling/priced at the reasonable figure it's actually worth. I went through this when I bought my 78, Grandfather passed away and the daughters inherited the car they learned how to drive stick in.......had to tread lightly but firmly to purchase, and still gave more than I wanted to
Oh man, this one may not work out for me then. I can’t afford to pay much especially in this condition.

Oh man, this one may not work out for me then. I can’t afford to pay much especially in this condition.
I'm not sure what your thinking of budget wise, but knowing the length of time this has been for sale, I'm assuming he's had offers of $8k or more. But if he's attached to it, he's seeing those as insulting offers, (half of his asking price) whether they're realistic offers for the condition or not. Would you take half for the house you grew up in if it was for sale?......none of us would, but that's not apples to apples here.

Or he just may have a friend telling him that his grandfather left him the "rare" unicorn of desirable vehicles to sell for big money.

I'm not sure what your thinking of budget wise, but knowing the length of time this has been for sale, I'm assuming he's had offers of $8k or more. But if he's attached to it, he's seeing those as insulting offers, (half of his asking price) whether they're realistic offers for the condition or not. Would you take half for the house you grew up in if it was for sale?......none of us would, but that's not apples to apples here.

Or he just may have a friend telling him that his grandfather left him the "rare" unicorn of desirable vehicles to sell for big money.
Yea, your right.

I usually only ping on 76 or newer, but I agree start at 8k. Give him the laundry list, but if its rust free I can see this going on a hauler somewhere around the country at some point for 8-10k

perfect condition, except for the missing passenger side running board, cut rear wheel wells for the flares, the wiper blade in pieces and the cracked dash.
oh yea and no air cleaner

Yea didn’t budge more than 500 bucks. Thanks for the help guys

Keep his number and when he's still got it 6 months from now, maybe he'll negotiate a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom