For Sale *Price Drop* CA 1996 LX450 266K Factory Lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1996 LX450 266,000 miles stock gears central CA 30 mins East of Lodi

Reason for selling: I decided not to repair the latest damage. Family was headed out camping 2 weeks ago. I was driving my 1 ton van pulling the trailer up I-5 toward Lassen and my daughter was, a few miles back, driving the 80 with her always present male friend. The front driveshaft sheered off at the u-joint on the transfer case end while going about 60mph. The driveshaft then began flapping about with quite a bit of force and immediately cut the brake lines. Next, a 5” wide hole was smashed open on the transmission. Lastly the driveshaft attempted to come through the floorboard to access the legs of my daughters always present male friend. Floor board was split and push up about 3” hitting only a back pack, thank God. This whole disturbance in the force caused the airbags to deploy in both their faces(the boy was sleeping at the time). Daughter pulls off the freeway but has no brakes. Boy pulls E-brake, no human damage. Not even her arms(10 and 2) were damaged. The windshield had been cracked for years from a very fun trip pushing through trees on the trail. I am guessing the passenger airbag deploying sent the crack into overdrive finishing off the windshield. AAA wouldn’t have given me much for the 80 so I did not report the incident. Clean title so far.
Has been a dream come true on so many levels. Time for a new dream. Gunna build a PCOR RAM Supertourer. Money didn’t quite go fast enough with the 80, I need something that will really drain me dry. Everything not mentioned worked as it should up unitl the "event". No strange engine noises or issues.
The Good
Campteq RTT in perfect condition with optional 100w solar and a bunch of L-track welded on. Campteq was starting something with with Yoteq at the time I picked up my top so Yoteq slapped their stickers all over it. Pretty sure that did not work out. Campteq workmanship 10/10 communication 2/10
Cost me $6700 last year and I loved it whenever I was up there. Very little road noise, no leaks, high winds and snow have no effect. There is no insulation or bed or anything inside the tent. It does have rail inside to hold bed panels as seen in the Campteq youtube videos. Solo its 1 minute up and 3 minutes down if you are in no rush. Roof of the 80 is not cut. Bare wood slats on the rails will leave room for 3” pad and your sleeping bag. Barely. More room than a 2 man tent but still pretty cozy for 2 people. Rear entrance only. Sides have solid clear windows. Not screens. Windows are normally covered with a flap.
Toughdog 3” Tourflex suspension lift with medium springs in the back. A pleasure to drive on and off road. Stays level loaded with tools gear and spare parts.
Trail tailor rear upper and lower control arms, Tie rod and track bars, rear sway bar links,steering stabilizer
New locker actuator up front.
37” KO2s with 70% tread including spare that is off atm because it picked up a nail during the “event”. Underpowered with stock gears? I have nothing to compare it to and don’t mind flooring it on a regular basis.
Labs front and rear bumper with 1 year old Warn Zeon10s (s is for synthetic)
Labs sliders that Luke changed the angle a bit for me for the wife to step on to get in. Happy wife
LCP gulwings. Landshark drawers with L-track. If you’re a track hater take it off, will barely see screw holes
Front Calipers and rotors(and rear rotors) are 2 year old Rock autos even though they look 100
Slee washer bottle relocated and second battery with tray installed. LCP battery hold downs on both.
Slee castor correction plates
Witts’ End center console lock box. Love it. Fits my concealed carry whenever I decide to get drunk.
Sony double din and new speakers. Nothing amazing but I can clearly hear my music with windows down at 75mph

Included but not installed
Wits' End York compressor mount and pulleys
Wits' End 2.5g air tank and fittings and hose and rear tray mount
Wits' End passenger side fire extinguisher mount with locking storage
Wits' End SB50 kit
Wits' End SB175 kit
HD front sway bar
2 Front hub rebuild kits with random peices used, and therefore missing, from each one
Tons of other stuff , I don't even know whats in all these boxes

The Bad
Driver seat torn. The others are not torn just well loved. Carpet is meh, no notable stink. Driver visor mirror broken, may rain tiny glass shards in your eyes if you try to put on mascara while driving. Brakes kinda sucky. Bled like a 1000 times. Maybe ABS delete will fix them. Rear doors sometimes ignore power lock commands. More minor scratches than you could ever count. Enough dents that you could still count them if you are dedicated. Rear passenger door dent could easily be popped out if you are less lazy than me. Trashy Labs high lift mount lost control in Moab and the high lift beat the crap out of the spoiler and the lift gate. One spoiler mount is dented into the lift gate, a little, and an extra dent in the gate for good measure. No effect on weather seal or gate operation. I believe Luke changed the high lift mount to be much stronger right after I got mine :/. Tires rub wheel wells on major obstacles. I was 25% into pie cutting inside the wells and rolling the fenders when the event happened. Passenger side front control arm bracket has has a crack where it meets the diff housing. It's high but it does leak diff oil. Needs repaired obviously. When the "event" happened, all the transmission fluid and a lot of brake fluid went all over the place.

The Weird
I always say I am going to keep a binder of records with each vehicle purchase . . . . . . maybe on the next one I will.
Few hundred things I forgot about. Sorry
Seems dirty and neglected but that's the protective layer I keep on all my vehicles. If I clean it someone might steal it.

Asking $13,000.00 $11,000.00 as it sits. If the market decides it isn't worth repairing then I will start a for sale ad for the RTT and part out he beast on 11-8-19
I work at home so DMs and posts with specific pic requests receive a quick response.

Full photo stream

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom