Price check: Ps pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The line running to the cooler cracked on a 3 hour ride home yesterday from the mtns and I'm pretty confident took out the pump. When I looked to see if there was any fluid coming out a hint of smoke came out so I'm guessing it's toasted. Being Labor Day my local dealership and favorite parts house is closed. Any one bought a oem pump lately?

I got lucky, I bypassed the cooler with a single line and the pump came back to life. I can't really see how this small metal inline cooler is doing much. It's just more hose clamps and another line to go bad. I'll eventually hook it back up because I'm sure they did it for a reason. Being I cleaned it with degreaser and I'm sure some got in the lines I didn't want to contaminate fresh fluid.

I got lucky, I bypassed the cooler with a single line and the pump came back to life. I can't really see how this small metal inline cooler is doing much. It's just more hose clamps and another line to go bad. I'll eventually hook it back up because I'm sure they did it for a reason. Being I cleaned it with degreaser and I'm sure some got in the lines I didn't want to contaminate fresh fluid.

Not that hard/expensive to rebuild the pump if needed. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom