Presidents' Day Wheeling? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Snow!!!

Anybody want to go play in the snow? Anyone have any place to go? It's melting fast...

I should be able to make it for a day trip on the 18th! I am not familiar with Madison/Devil's Ditch - but it sounds good.

Sounds great! Devil's Ditch is a branch off of the Conway River Trail and is reportedly the most difficult wheeling within a couple hours from D.C. To get better, you need to go to Rausch Creek or Paragon. The Ditch ends with it's most difficult section which is an off-camber hill climb. I've been told that a locker is recommended for that hill climb (I don't have one) and because there are some decent sized rocks, sliders are a good idea (I just put some on). I've never been there, but I figured I'd pass on the warning since I know your Taco is your daily driver.

From what I understand, if the last hill climb is a little much, it's pretty easy just to park and ride up with someone else. The trail just stops at the top, and we turn around and come back down. Depending on what it looks like after this snow, we may all end up skipping it.

Anyway, I'll send out directions later today.

-Felix

I'm looking forward to this with no rear shocks. It's going to be bumpy as hell... Summit has them backordered

Ross, I'm glad to see you're still coming. Hopefully I get to drive behind you and watch you bounce all over!

It wasn't too bouncy, the track bar prevented me from breaking anything in back... in front is another story.

Ross, those look great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom