Prepping for C-Channel Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just did this a month or two ago. I had the body off the frame, so I had plenty of room and it was still a pain.

Towards the end I figured out that if you grind the rivet head off and then drill partially through the center of the rivet, it gives you a pocket with a bottom to drive against with a taper punch or an air punch.

That puts the center of pressure deep enough that it pulls the rivet behind it instead of trying to push it ahead.

More recently I got a plasma cutter, which would’ve been the first thing to try.

Towards the end I figured out that if you grind the rivet head off and then drill partially through the center of the rivet, it gives you a pocket with a bottom to drive against with a taper punch or an air punch.

That puts the center of pressure deep enough that it pulls the rivet behind it instead of trying to push it ahead.

More recently I got a plasma cutter, which would’ve been the first thing to try.

That is the technique I’ve used with great success.
@Von Hayek i hope it works last time I used it I blow out the ground. I fixed it but have not tried it sense I moved. I’ll hook it up this weekend and try it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom