Power steering leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A couple of days ago my :princess: was going to pull off the driveway in the morning but the few minutes later she was back asking why she could not turn the steering wheel. When i went to see what is going on i found a puddle of steering fluid under the vehicle. So I looked under the hood. One of the hoses coming from the steering gear has had a hole through. The troubled area is circled on the picture. I assume this is a return hose, correct me if I'm wrong. Can I repair it or not?
Dealers price for it is around 500$CD:mad:
Roman.
IMG_4077cor_opt.jpg

It appears to be the return line that exits the steering box and runs to the "paperclip" power steering cooler. You can replace that piece of hose with 3/8" transmission/power steering hose from Napa for about $5. I have some I can give you if you're in the Ottawa area. Make sure you get for the high temperature oil rated hose and not standard fuel line, or you'll be back in there again soon.

:cheers:

Not clear from the picture, the big hose looks like the High Pressure Hose, which is about $50 at NAPA

The High Pressuree Hose, comes from the Pump down near the radiator into a metal hose C and then ventures bacfk to the Top of the Gear Box.

Not to bad to replace, but you need to remove the battery box to get access

Good chance to replace the fluid and don't forget to bleed the system

x2 on the high pressure hose. a do it yourselfer. just follow the FAQ by romer.

on second glance, it looks like the return line. much easier to replace

It's an easy but lengthy job, I would consider rebuilding the pump while your in there. I did it and i'm also running the napa hose Romer mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom