POTM October - FJ55-100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice! I remember when robert had this thing. It has really become something special! You really did it justice and the paint job was always killer. Glad to see you kept it.

holy blast from the past! i have one update on evan's rig...the old front bench seat is looking f'n sexy in the pickle :grinpimp:

front seat.JPG

now in utah

well i just saw this thread revive , i lurk here quite a bit but havent done anything to contribute in a while , pig is still my daily driver . has not has any issues in its life so far . it gets about 50 miles a day from work to home , and many more off road . it is coming up on some redo things , i need to make a new track bar (dont like the current one) and for the first time have considered painting it . that orange color og on soome pigs , but by far this has been the best rig ive owned ,over all the 40s 60s 80s , the 4.7 was the most user friendley mod , it has alowed it to be driven anywhere . I have a 76 parts pig that is rused off clear over the rockers , that i may one ton , like mikes , . and built a 86 runner to the hilt supercharged 3.4 e-lockers , cage , r151f, to thrash on the local trails that would destroy the pig, Saint George has some of the best trails , same as moab just les used , equal to duzzy ,in nor cal . I wheel alot almost every weekend , and still build alot of rigs for the locals , the 3.4 closed loop swap in the trucks and runners is popular here . as i lurk all the time thanks for all the pig info / fj55-100

Dropped my wife's ride off at Lexus service this morning and was chatting with advisor about LX450s, Cruisers, him saying he knew a guy that had dropped a 2UZ-FE in a Pig, using the word Pig.

I only know of two, but he confirmed that it was this rig, by name and qualifications.

It's a small world after all....

Long time no see Evan!

Say "Hi" to my dad in Virgin if you're ever out that way...

:cheers:

There's a write up on this truck in one of the older 4wd Toyota owner Mags.

NO major mods , in the last few years , but it is still my driver . every day to work and light camping trips w the kids on the weekends . do need to fix the wipers . anybody know how to adapt a stronger spring arm onto a 71 .

build lost on birfield . and a murdered home pc . so engine install was easy just place in bay and weld in . harness was more complicated . it took a body harness and a engine harness , but that is what i do retro fit harnesses for all the 3.4 swaps . supercharger came a year after it got on the road . no real magic involved just time . any questions just ask

build lost on birfield . and a murdered home pc . so engine install was easy just place in bay and weld in . harness was more complicated . it took a body harness and a engine harness , but that is what i do retro fit harnesses for all the 3.4 swaps . supercharger came a year after it got on the road . no real magic involved just time . any questions just ask

Thank you!

I'll start up front - did you use Pig radiator? How well does that 4.7 fit the engine bay? Could I bug you for a pic (or several) of engine fit?

yes , fj 55 radiator , fits good . i will put up pics or send them to you if i cant . i will try for more detailed pics of fit to body and fenders

i would suggest it looks better in person ,and i live in the best 4 wheeling state in the nation , so come by i will put you up for the weekend ,you can drive it and we will go out and use it , Better trails in Saint George Utah than in Moab

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom