possible reproduction of FJ25 parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

you mentioned radio delete panels. this landcruiser one from 1973. everyone have one of these i presume?
P1010026[1].jpg

radio? must be! lots of delete on this one i pretty sure all those dash knob blanks are original. i think it was sep 73 from memory? know where she is anyway can double check - traditionally too new for me to take any notice whatsoever but i starting to widen the scope. is a 4 speed fj45 but had the old style door handles; remember because the perfect doors had been removed the cut down with an angle grinder for use on someones shooting buggy and she sits doorless. (dont get me started) surely that combination of oild style doors and 4 speed did not last long? sorry - most of which has nought to do with repro plastic parts just wondering if this the radio delete panel already being reproduced or a differnt example?

Yes. Somebody made it.

I'll dig around and see if I can find it, but I thought it was in this section.

cobraboy that is fantastic work; its people with your dedication that make what the rest of us do for hobbys achievable. that the only one these delete plates ive seen but i mostly earlier cruiser orientated so lots of things slip under the radar. just posted that pic to be sure i wasnt aware of something good that was of use to be copyed or somesuch.

does anyone know if that clear plastic cover on the old door quarter window latch ( i mentioned earlier) available from somewhere? they really dont survive well where im from.

perhaps that little plastic cover that goes on the latch for the door quarter windows on the early 40s. are they available from toyota or elsewhere?

does anyone know if that clear plastic cover on the old door quarter window latch ( i mentioned earlier) available from somewhere? they really dont survive well where im from.

:confused: I know I'm not sure which clear plastic cover you would be talking about. The early bug catcher windows have a knob you loosen and tighten to lock in place. Only seen those in black and white plastic. The later vent windows were all metal. But under the vent in door itself there is a grey plastic plug that goes missing and is unavailable. A picture of the type of door and area on the door would gives us a better idea if that part can be found. Are you sure you aren't talking about doors that were made locally like the rest of the body except for the cowl which was common in the early years in Australia? In the US were never saw a anything other than complete vehicles. It was rummored that some like you got in Australia were seen at one of the ports in the very early years. But to my knowledge none have ever surfaced here:meh:

One thing that could be made out of plastic would be the FJ25 license plate light lens. Of the three FJ25s I got with the housing still there one the lens was MIA, one with a cracked lens and the third with a good glass lens that could be used to make a mold. I know depending on the cost I would be in for three. Maybe others will post up if they are interested and how many. This is one thing that sets the FJ25 from a FJ40 but not sure how many of the old license plate brackets have survived to make it worth while.

Maybe I'll PM Phil, he is someone who would have some input since he is probably the biggest hoarder of FJ25.

What about the Dome light lens on the early 40s or the plastic Tail light cover for the 64 to 68 40s

P1010479.jpg

P1010218.jpg

I am just finishing up a couple molds to pour sets of the amber colored side marker lenses....maybe email or PM me about the license plate lens.
Chris

Got your email about the license plate light lens. I would have figure out where I stored it. Removed it years ago tp make sure it didn't get broken. But before that lets see if there is any interest in having it made.

So who has a stock license plate bracket that has a broken or missing lens?

Count me in for an oval hood emblem for my 58 FJ, don't think I will ever find an original.

FJ-25 rear door moulding

hi, im looking for some fj45 parts specialty the rear door moldings, or some aftermarket remedy, thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom