Portsmouth Island - Nov 12-15, 2015 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@FJ Junkie I'm late to this thread, but is there a back-up list for one of the cabins I can be put on? I think it's just going to be me this trip, I don't think Laurel and Abbie can make it. If a space doesn't open up in one of the cabins, I'd still like to bring a tent and camp.

@FJ Junkie I'm late to this thread, but is there a back-up list for one of the cabins I can be put on? I think it's just going to be me this trip, I don't think Laurel and Abbie can make it. If a space doesn't open up in one of the cabins, I'd still like to bring a tent and camp.

There is one spot open in cabin #5 so I'll add you to the attendee list.

@FJ Junkie - TY Sarah! I'm excited for this trip, it looks amazing.

It was a GREAT trip last year and we are looking forward to another fun trip with ONSC! Anyone that enjoys large open spaces with very few rules, Portsmouth is your trip. Same Kroozer77 lineup as last year so Marie, Ike, and Guinness will be joining me. New for this year is a camper shell on the Tacoma and we may try sleeping in the back a night or two. If someone shows up with only a tent and the weather does not cooperate, we could work out a swap.

FJ Junkie - I have a paypal account, just have to figure out how to use it outside of eBay. Funny how to some people changing out a rear main bearing seal is easier than sending a paypal draft to an email account...

Its a big might but I may show up for Friday and Friday night, I have a wedding Sat afternoon.

My friend Ashley and I are planning on making the trip in the new to me 1974 40 series. Much has been done to this old gal now that it as been pulled form the old barn after 12 years of sitting. Looking forward to seeing you all!

My friend Ashley and I are planning on making the trip in the new to me 1974 40 series. Much has been done to this old gal now that it as been pulled form the old barn after 12 years of sitting. Looking forward to seeing you all!

Make sure there's still space!

i plan to just camp on the beach. That is okay right?

Should be fine, that's what I'm going to do :D

@FJ Junkie Is there a limit to the number of trucks per cabin or any limit to the number of trucks that can camp on the beach

Only limit I see is space on ferry. Looks like already have 8 trucks as is now. Think that's a full boat.

Sara. Did you call and check prices or copy paste from last year. Concrete went last month and one truck and two people was over 100 bux. Folks at Morris mentioned possible NPS fee like on oakracoke

Only limit I see is space on ferry. Looks like already have 8 trucks as is now. Think that's a full boat.

Sara. Did you call and check prices or copy paste from last year. Concrete went last month and one truck and two people was over 100 bux. Folks at Morris mentioned possible NPS fee like on oakracoke

Morris Marina will make extra trips as needed as long as we have trucks reserved.

Prices are the same as last year: $75 for one truck and driver; $14 per passenger.

Take plenty of pictures. I get my fourth week of vacation next year so late trips like this open up for us!

Due to taking a week off last week, and checking how much PTO I have, I can't be there for Thursday. Right now I've got Friday off still but that might need to change.

I'll look up the ferry schedule and see what I can make work.

EDIT:
There is no schedule I could see, just a list of the prices.

@FJ Junkie how do I remove my truck from the thursday ferry and see about being added to friday or saturday ferries?

@GLTHFJ60, just call Jennifer at Morris Marina at 252-225-4261. Let her know when you plan to arrive on Friday and she will let you know what ferrying are available to accommodate your schedule.

I just got back from a trip down last weekend. The weather was perfect!

If you plan on fishing, be sure you have your CRFL endorsement on your license or you will get hit with a large ticket. Also have a cast net and hopefully pick up some bait at morris marina. Grab some food at Morris and support the community. They have a shrimp burger that's pretty darn good.

I was surprised at how many folks were out there. I've been going there for a long time and usually if you go to the north side of the island you won't see a soul for the whole weekend.... not this time. I probably saw over 100 vehicles out there. Even though it's a large area and everyone seems to keep to themselves, it's still concerning that the secret is out! Or, maybe it was just prime fishing season.

I've never stayed at the cabins, always camped. Also keep in mind if you do camp there is a shower house near the cabins if you want to "freshen up" a little.

You guys have fun!
IMG_1898.JPG
IMG_1903.JPG

by the way, you should ask for Cari (sp?) that is pronounced "car-ey"

She is the owner of Morris marina and her husband Rick is who drives the ferry.

One last note... i can check my receipt but i have been twice this summer and i'm pretty confident each time for just me and the cruiser after tax, etc, it was $110... i purchased one of their kick ass t-shirts too and the grand total last weekend was $130 for the t-shirt and ferry ride.... just FYI

If you buy bait or ice from them they will just add it to your tab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom