Planning wrench day for Sam. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to set up a day to head over to sam's place and help him with his 40. It has a 2F but is in pieces due to a friend coming over to try to assist but left it apart. Would like to have 2 days. One as a prelim to assess and see what needs to be done and another to get the old girl up and running.

The motor is a 2F. Anyone 2F savvy would be awesome. I am looking at this Sunday the 28th to either do the prelim or the actual wrench day if someone is able to swing by sooner to assess. Please let me know everyone's availability.

What vintage 2F? The engine itself is not much different, but the emissions setup from 75 to 81 can vary greatly.... I might be able to mend a hand when you find a date that works...

I can't do this weekend. That said if it is made whole I can definitely help with the smog/vacuum stuff.

Frank

I may be able to come up in the late afternoon...let me know about other dates.

I only have Sunday on here as a proposed date because that is the day I am available. If more people are available on Saturday then that would be better.

I believe it is a '78 and has all of the fun emissions stuff.

Frank

From my discussions with Sam, I think this will be more than a 1 day effort. I will have time the weekend after this (July 4th weekend) to assist. One strategy might be to assess what might be needed and get the engine whole. I could donate a day or more to vacuum lines and getting it running, checking smog systems, etc... over the 7/4-7.

So he had a change of plans and will be busy this weekend and the 4th of July weekend. So it looks like possibly the weekend after that.

Driving up 101 to Humboldt County, then some friends and I are going to wheel / camp around Trinity Lake and then wheel east from Trinity Lake to Castella CA. Going to camp on the upper Sacramento River and hit Shasta Lake etc.

While you're in the Upper Sac zone you should check out the McCloud river... Especially if you like fly fishing... some of the best rainbow trout in the world are there.

Sounds so fun... have a blast! I'm jealous as I don't get to wheel for a few more days...😭😭😭

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom