Placer/Ashnola traverse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to do this trip this summer/early fall if possible. I did a quick search and looks like there was a couple trips around 2009 in this group. Any one have any insight? @Scalp I saw you ran into some issues with the logging that was going on? Anyone been through in more recent years? I found this video from 2020 .
I was at placer last year in September and it was a beautiful spot. I planned to either head to Placer for the night then continue on and spend a second night closer to the other end or come in from the keremeos side and work the opposite. bonus points if anyone has some camp spots marked out on Gaia.

more info on the spot Scoping out the Ashnola-Placer Traverse - https://xpedbc.com/scoping-out-the-ashnola-placer-traverse/

Logging has changed the trail location since 2009. If you research 4wdABC or Herd of Turtles, you will likely find some recent GPS tracks of the current route.

I've been through there twice. Not sure I have any tracks but I'll look. Some great camp spots up the Ashnola Valley. Both times was a bit on an adventure finding the right way through the logging. Well worth the trip.

gb

Ashnola Traverse.jpg

I've been through there twice. Not sure I have any tracks but I'll look. Some great camp spots up the Ashnola Valley. Both times was a bit on an adventure finding the right way through the logging. Well worth the trip.

gb

View attachment 2708863
How long did it take you to get from one side to the other Greg? its not that far of a route from what I see on the map.

It's not that far at all. And I don't have vivid recollection of how long, but from the time we found the right trail in the clearcuts to coming out on the Ashnola was less then an hour, with a stop or two, iirc.

gb

Definitely recommend the Ashnola for camping; at about 10km there is an abandoned prov camp site, still has some tables out-houses and a couple of nice swimming holes.

I am looking to do this trip this summer/early fall if possible. I did a quick search and looks like there was a couple trips around 2009 in this group. Any one have any insight? @Scalp I saw you ran into some issues with the logging that was going on? Anyone been through in more recent years? I found this video from 2020 .
I was at placer last year in September and it was a beautiful spot. I planned to either head to Placer for the night then continue on and spend a second night closer to the other end or come in from the keremeos side and work the opposite. bonus points if anyone has some camp spots marked out on Gaia.

more info on the spot Scoping out the Ashnola-Placer Traverse - https://xpedbc.com/scoping-out-the-ashnola-placer-traverse/

Gary and I made it up there without GPS and were somewhat confused due to the extensive logging. It took us a while to find our way up to the top and eventually located the trail again. There were some OK places to camp so the trip was worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom