Pintle rear hitch with coastal off road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just finishing up my Coastal Off-road rear bumper. Has anyone mounted a Pintle hitch over it? Seems like this would be the strongest recovery point as it bolts directly into frame.

Tried searching, but can’t find accurate answer if bolt pattern is the same. One thread said the LX470 is off by 2mm in bolt offset.

IMG_5545.jpeg

It looks like the coastal bumper utilizes the factory pintle hitch mounts already in the rear cross member. I run a pintle bolted in the factory spot with a stock bumper and I wouldn't hesitate to bolt on a pintle over the face of the bumper, provided you have appropriate fasteners and the bumper sits flush to the cross member.

Right on. Yea it sits flush. My main question was finding a Pintle hitch with correct bolt hole alignment. Do you recall which model yours is?

Thanks for the reply

Right on. Yea it sits flush. My main question was finding a Pintle hitch with correct bolt hole alignment. Do you recall which model yours is?

Thanks for the reply
Sorry, I missed the bit about being LX compliant.

Did the rear cross member on your 100 have a large hole in it to mount the factory hitch insert? If not, you have the standard NATO pintle pattern and any pintle will bolt up. If your factory cross member is set up for the factory hitch insert, I don't believe there is a pintle on the market that will bolt on.

Last edited:
Sorry, I missed the bit about being LX compliant. Did the rear cross member on your 100 have a large hole in it to mount the factory hitch insert? If not, you have the standard pintle pattern and any pintle will bolt up. If your factory cross member is set up for the factory hitch insert, I don't believe there is a pintle on the market that will bolt on.
Mine came with towing package and hitch under bumper. This is photo before installing rear bumper and doesn’t show any hitch receiver in the rear crossmember…so all appears to be good?

IMG_5574.png

Mine came with towing package and hitch under bumper. This is photo before installing rear bumper and doesn’t show any hitch receiver in the rear crossmember…so all appears to be good?

View attachment 3576729
Sure looks like you have the standard pintle pattern.
1709910002692.png

1709910082915.png

According to e-trailer, the standard pintle pattern is 3 3/8" x 1 3/4" center to center.
1709910112351.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom