Pictures of lift and tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks awesome mate, nice work.

Those BFG Krawlers sure make the truck look like its on steroids !!! Nice job done with the suspension mods...Love the blue color as well..rarely see that

Yeah, I like the blue also, I really wanted white at first, But finding one in Arizona for under 14K was hard to find. So after serching for about 3 months.. loosing battles on ebay, I happened to come across one in Tucson, but it was blue... So, I told myself, As long as it had the Grey leather and lockers, id take it.. Went down to see it, and sure as S@!% It was fully loaded for 11K. Guy let me have it for 10K, and I was Happy as a Fly on s***. Next day (monday)(hes closed on sunday.. but let me come see it anyways) he said someone come in with cash from mesa or somewhere to buy it... told em sorry, I already sold it to some where else...
So, In the end.. I really like the Blue, Not everyone has this color.
I did end up having to get the wells cut and a few other parts cut, But the guys at FLY-N-HIGH did a great job at rolling the metal back.. you can hardly tell unless you really look up close and under everything.
The 3" body lift is in my 2-3 stage of building. not for another year or two now.. I have 4-5 stages of building(Buying) I have compleated stages 1 and 2. so I only have 2-3 more years left untill its done.
Though by then... Im sure ill neeed something else. Grand total sits at an estemated 50K after the stages are complete.

Project FJ80 said:
... I did end up having to get the wells cut and a few other parts cut, But the guys at FLY-N-HIGH did a great job at rolling the metal back.. you can hardly tell unless you really look up close and under everything.

Nice looking rig!

Can you give us some detailed photos of the cutting and rolling on the fenders?

!Gracias!

I currentaly have no pictures of the cutting and fabrication of the body.
Ill have to take a few and get them developed.
As far as the lift, I do have picts and Info on that... Just not here at work... :whoops:
Ill try getting that tonight when I get home.

Looks EVil, I love it. If it was me I'd just uniform the truck a little more. match the bumper blue or go black, ditch the running boards (just get a running start and jump in), and the front OEM grill.
My $.02

-Sam-

Ill go with the black arb front bumper w/wInch, and something that will hold my 37" tire on the back bumper. Maybe something in the rear that will hold a smaller winch. for reverse pulls.

I don't understand the logic behind lengthening the wheel studs .. :confused:

TY

Unfortuantally, Neither did I, I think it had something to do with the backspacing, Custom build made these new wheels wider by 1", causeing my old wheel studs to be 1" short. in turn causing my wallet to be even lighter. But now, at least, I can get another set of rims and tires of my choice, with out worry of anything... Would like to get a set of 44's or 49's next... Just for fun.

I like it.But its more than I want on my daily driver.But I like it.Wish I had money for tires. :)

So far so good, I like them. I serched far and wide on beadlocks, and I decided that I liked the allieds the best. Ive only ran them for about 3 weeks now, and havent had a chance to take them off road. But I have had no problem with them on road. 400+ miles on them now and no loose bolts, no missing air, no roblems.
I still dont know why, but I needed Longer Wheel Studs in order to mount the rims to the axles.
That was an extra expense I did not want to have had to do..
-Ron

Well, I though of that.. but I only had about 1" -1 1/2" of wheel nut hole... And after just buying them.. I didnt want them to be thinner. So .. it was 100 per rim to bore a little more or 150 per axel side to bore the wheel studs.. I now have standard 9/16" threads.

most wheels need around 3/4 of an inch in aloy to the hub for clamp force, and require on the metric 12 on 1.5mm thread a minimum of 12mm of thread to be in the nut, which all sounded possible, also, depending on the offset, machining some from the rear of the rim face where it meets the hub could of been an option?

Now that your gas mileage has gone to crap you might as well toss the ARB on for added weight. That grill work needs to go.

Great looking rig overall, I'm seriously jealous.

Ahh... I actually Like the front Grill. BTW what would I change it out with??? Billet?
Question for ya all... the arb winch bumper and winch.. that adds about what... 300-350lbs? to the front end of the rig doesent it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom