Picked up the 45 today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Today I finished ordering the new bed from TLC,as I understand there were 2 beds some eles bought 1 and I bought the other. So it should be shipped by the end of next week. I am a long way from needing it but I jumped on the chance to get it. It will save me a lot of time trying to fix up a old bed if I could even find a decent one. Plus I need to concentrate on the cab that will take a lot of time.

Last edited:
here's a diagram of the back wall section with measurements:
Note that the 3/4'" lip measurement I provided earlier, is closer to 5/8" so thats what I indicated on the drawing.

The parts I have are the 3 back wall vertical braces and the 4 seat belt reinforcements which are mounted inside the "shelf".
fj45-back-wall-section.jpg

Looking good Pat. That top looks like its in way better shape than mine. Looks like you are making some great progress.

panel press

Was forwarded a thread on pressing panels, Of course I would have to make a press that would work with the panel but I think it is doable.

Sheet metal working with a press.
press 1.jpg
press 3.jpg
press 5.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good Pat. That top looks like its in way better shape than mine.

The back of the top is realy nice the top looks nice in the pics. both front corners are bondo, not to hard of a fix though, It will be a while before I even look at it.

I had a little time today so I thought I would compare the center line measurement of the 40 frame to the aussie frame spec dimensions that I found here on mud. It turns out the rear frame to center line of the rear spring mount eye is the same.
I used some .035 mig wire to pull the center line.
frame measurement 002.jpg
frame measurement 001.jpg
fj45%20frame%20dims austriala.jpg

The bad news came today from TLC they can't find the all parts to the 45 bed, they only have the floor and rear valance wheel wells. So who knows whats going on,they moved and can't find the sides and head board.

So thats over TLC refunded my money so Now I am on the hunt for a bed again.

Last edited:
I don't remember who it was but someone here on MUD makes them I believe. I'll see if I can find it.

-Daniel

Sent from deep in the mountains of Honduras using only sticks and rocks.

Went to Johnson RI. today and picked up a nice straight split hood today no dents no rot a some surface rust but all in all a great piece for New England. Amazing how heavy the hood is compared to later hoods. Need a big tank so I can fill it with molasses and water to clean the suface rust off:hillbilly:.

Wow so the guy finally called you back. I work in Johnston. You should have called me for lunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom