PIAA 580 on ARB Winch Bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Friend of mind was going to sell some PIAA 580's to me. Just don't think they are going to work out. The set to low with the stock spacers and hit the bar on the bumper so I cant aim them straight. The bolt that attaches to the light is about an inch too short. The bolt has an eye at the end that attaches to a rod in the light housing. So i'm not sure that I could find a bolt that stile long enough.

Before I call it quits has any body successfully mounted these on the ARB winch bar?

I remember reviewing the sizes 3 years ago and selecting the 520's because of the fit with the ARB Bar

Here's what the 520's look like on an ARB. 580's would probably be to big to fit well.
IMG_0650a.JPG

Here's what the 520's look like on an ARB. 580's would probably be to big to fit well.

Looks good. Yeah the 580's the bolt is too short so if i were to put some washers to raise it up so that it clears the front bar it would be to short to get the nut on. And they use some crazy eye bolt that i don't think i could find one locally.

I had a similar issue with my Hella 500 hitting the crossbar. I was able to space out with nylon washers. But you could make a simple bracket, aluminum bar stock with two holes, backing the lights towards the grill. Cheap and easy solution, just tossing out the idea.

I had a similar issue with my Hella 500 hitting the crossbar. I was able to space out with nylon washers. But you could make a simple bracket, aluminum bar stock with two holes, backing the lights towards the grill. Cheap and easy solution, just tossing out the idea.

Yeah.. That'll probably work..

Well. I ended up mounting them to the holes where the top fairlead bolts go since I don't need them w/ a hawse fairlead. The headlights are a few inches a part. A little funky looking but it works for now.

To mount them above I'd need to have about a 1.5 inch square metal stock. Drill some holes and then try to get a tool in between. C-channel might work, but i had some really flimsy stuff from home depot and it made a nice spring (not good for lights :eek: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom