PIAA 520 Mounting on ARB Winch Bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bat Masterson

GOLD Star
Threads
Did a search and could'nt find anything specific. I just installed my ARB winch bar and went to install the PIAA 520 crystal driving lights and noticed that the front roll bar interferes with the protective rock guard.

I know common sense indicates install washers and I did that--put in 3 washers each and find that it still makes contact with the bar. I ran out of washers so need to pickup additional so I can get these to aim properly (vs top of the trees :rolleyes: ).

Question--any other options out there that would work bettter such as a collar/sleeve to provide the additional space?

I noticed Romer has the same setup so maybe you could tell me what you did as well.

Thanks,

Dave :cheers:

Not sure what you are talking about. I don't have a clearence issue. I think I am using the 525's, but I don't remember. I measured and ordered what would fit without an issue. Can you exchange them?

attachment.php

99213641-L.jpg

Unfortunately not...bought them on Ebay. The mounting brackets for these do not permit the light with face guard to clear the bar properly without shims. I know it's not a big issue but a bunch of clunky washers is not my ideal solution. I'll take a look at Lowe's or Home Depot for a sleeve that may work.

I just want the clearance so I can point these down...blinding pilots at the local airport is not my preference.

Dave

Just fyi, after installing the Slee headlight harness and the JD HIR's w/ stock high-beams, I find my 520 driving lights pretty useless. The high beams IMHO do a better job illuminating - in distance and spread. I am going to get rid of them and get some fogs.

If you have the fogs, disregard.:D

No just the driving lights. And thanks to Ary for volunteering to paint my washers (just kidding)!

Different mounts...

I have a set of 520s on my 40 and a set of 525s on my 2500HD. They have different mounts. The 525s are twice the light, and have a more involved mount that raises them up. The 525s kick A$$. JC

That explains it...off to washer land!

Thanks folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom