PIAA 520 Mounting on ARB Winch Bar

Bat Masterson

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Did a search and could'nt find anything specific. I just installed my ARB winch bar and went to install the PIAA 520 crystal driving lights and noticed that the front roll bar interferes with the protective rock guard.

I know common sense indicates install washers and I did that--put in 3 washers each and find that it still makes contact with the bar. I ran out of washers so need to pickup additional so I can get these to aim properly (vs top of the trees :rolleyes: ).

Question--any other options out there that would work bettter such as a collar/sleeve to provide the additional space?

I noticed Romer has the same setup so maybe you could tell me what you did as well.

Thanks,

Dave :cheers:

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Not sure what you are talking about. I don't have a clearence issue. I think I am using the 525's, but I don't remember. I measured and ordered what would fit without an issue. Can you exchange them?

attachment.php

99213641-L.jpg

Bat Masterson

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Unfortunately not...bought them on Ebay. The mounting brackets for these do not permit the light with face guard to clear the bar properly without shims. I know it's not a big issue but a bunch of clunky washers is not my ideal solution. I'll take a look at Lowe's or Home Depot for a sleeve that may work.

I just want the clearance so I can point these down...blinding pilots at the local airport is not my preference.

Dave

little_joe

SILVER Star
Just fyi, after installing the Slee headlight harness and the JD HIR's w/ stock high-beams, I find my 520 driving lights pretty useless. The high beams IMHO do a better job illuminating - in distance and spread. I am going to get rid of them and get some fogs.

If you have the fogs, disregard.:D

Different mounts...

I have a set of 520s on my 40 and a set of 525s on my 2500HD. They have different mounts. The 525s are twice the light, and have a more involved mount that raises them up. The 525s kick A$$. JC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom