Photos of Redarc BCDC install? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
I searched, but didn't find what I was looking for. Does anyone have a dual battery system that uses the Redarc BCDC 1225/1240 system? Their website shows the BCDC unit plus a continuous duty solenoid (SB121). The Redarc bracket (BCDCMB-001) looks slick, but I read on mud that it competes with the US factory radar location, so can't be used. If anyone has this setup, could you share some pictures of your mounting?

I ran across a post from a member that said that they mounted the BCDC on a slee compressor bracket with a single ARB compressor. I PM'ed them to see if I could get a picture. If anyone else has this setup, I'd very much like to see pictures of it. This sounds like a great solution.

Last edited:

I searched, but didn't find what I was looking for. Does anyone have a dual battery system that uses the Redarc BCDC 1225/1240 system? Their website shows the BCDC unit plus a continuous duty solenoid (SB121). The Redarc bracket (BCDCMB-001) looks slick, but I read on mud that it competes with the US factory radar location, so can't be used. If anyone has this setup, could you share some pictures of your mounting?

I ran across a post from a member that said that they mounted the BCDC on a slee compressor bracket with a single ARB compressor. I PM'ed them to see if I could get a picture. If anyone else has this setup, I'd very much like to see pictures of it. This sounds like a great solution.

Check out this post. Mounted to a Slee auxiliary battery tray.

Here ya go...
This is a bracket I fabbed up myself inspired by the Redarc designed one.

IMG_0291.jpg
IMG_0293.jpg
IMG_0729.jpg
IMG_0897.jpg
IMG_0900.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, several great options. Thank you.

619TOY - Any chance you have the dimensions for that bracket - that is slick!

Wow, several great options. Thank you.

619TOY - Any chance you have the dimensions for that bracket - that is slick!

Thanks and yes. I can go dig up the dimensions in a bit!

Is this the Slee compressor bracket?

No this is a bracket I fabbed from aluminum. The Slee compressor bracket mounts under the hood near the brake booster.

FYI, if you don’t already have the Redarc, you might check out this new unit from Renogy: DCC50S 12V 50A DC-DC On-Board Battery Charger with MPPT

Any chance you have the dimensions for that bracket - that is slick!

I didn't measure everything, but I can e-mail an 11 x 17 scan you can print and cut out to get you in the ballpark.
LC200 - BCDC Mounting Bracket.png

Thanks everyone.

I'm a fan of Redarc, so I'm sticking with the BCDC1225, and a SB112 (for self jumping). I have 4x Redarc fuse holders with fuses coming. I ordered 8ga wire and crimp terminals (Amazon), and find a hydraulic crimper (worst case I'll pick up a piece of Harbor freight junk).

My plan is to try to fab up a bracket using 619TOY's design for the BCDC. I like how neat and stealthy it is.

I haven't sorted out where the SB112 will go, but it is pretty small, so there are lots of options.

I'm still collecting parts, so if there are other suggestions or pictures (I like pictures), please post them here.

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:
I had planned to put it closer to the auxiliary battery, but ended up putting it in front of the starting battery.

My fabrication skills won't win any awards, but I think it'll get the job done.

C92CC612-4D7D-4186-B6D2-6BB7883F1936.jpeg

I made a few iterations of templates until I got to something that would clear all of the obstructions.

9690A4D7-B1A9-46DE-BD47-1996B4AA8E02.jpeg

I used some aluminum sheet that I had laying around from some other project.

I tossed my group 27 battery back in until I figure out what batteries to use.

E235EE67-947A-468C-9ED8-0BCB242846AA.jpeg

Thanks! We use OE battery terminals to match the primary battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom