Photo Posting Using Photobucket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone,
I am wondering if anyone else is having an issue posting via photobucket. I do not post images often and have had no problems in the past but i'll be darned if I can't post today. I have tried all the share options they have and none seem to work. I am using their free service. They seem to want me to pay and then 3rd party hosting will be available.

I am wondering if anyone has posted a pic since July 14, 2017 using photobucket? If you have, are you paying for service from photobucket? If you are using the free photobucket can you please send me some instructions so I can try your way?

many thanks - I am eager to share photos with you

DSC03707.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4f297_zpsaldgomob.jpg

Direct link with postimg.org seems to work but not with photobucket

DSC03710.jpg

DSC03710.jpg

Now postimg.org is not working. Maybe my Ih8mud account setting?

It's photobucket.

They have changed their term of use.

I'd suggest using a different hosting site for now on.

As has been posted Photobucket decided to harpoon themselves. You should look at other hosting services, download your pics from photobucket if you don't have a copy local also. This new policy of theirs will doom them if they stick with it.

I'm still able to share pics from photobucket. Just yesterday I posted a few pics using photobucket and they're still working. I'm wondering when they made this change and why my pics are still working.

F1Camber_04JUL17_zpss9jliazn.jpg

Apparently my account is still working ... not sure why :confused:

DSC03731.jpg

DSC03733.jpg

Hmmm, some photos work with postimage and some do not. Nothing works with photobucket. I guess the issue must be with my pictures somehow. Terribly sorry. If the monitors want to delete this thread that is OK. I will resize photos on my computer and then post directly to MUD thus skipping the 3rd party host all together.

My experience -After about 10 years hosting on Photobucket no charge , they decided it was going to be $29.99yr. I figured that was OK .

Then recently they got greedy and wanted either $99 for what I was paying $29.99 yr w/less features & up to the $400 mentioned above for more stuff.

After this new money grab my forum photos posted by Photobucket links links were all broken. In their recent disclaimer about changes, they did state if you were paid up already your service would continue to your expiration date.

I wrote them and said OK live up to your promise or prepare to talk with WA State's State Attorney General - consumer protection and
see how they feel. Bingo back working again.

I'm through with these jerks & looking for another alternative.

Freshly poached from another forum.

PHOTOBUCKET HAS A HACK!!!
Just add ~original to the end of the link and it works! (before the [/img])

bottom image is a screenshot showing where i inserted the ~original into the PB link to restore this broken PB link.

pb hack 1.png

Last edited:
Hey guys,,, wait how do I get my pictures back from Photobucket then ? I have some pictures that are only available on photobucket

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom