percentage of 80's with locking diffs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Riley, were those US 80s or CDN 80s? I am just talking about 80s imported directly into Canada, not ones imported from the US. Especially the 96 and 97s, which were only Lexus models. Only saw ones with lockers. Of course there are only about a dozen or so for sale each year. So it is slim pickings. Finding an 80 up here is like looking for hens teeth. BTW I bought mine out of Langley, from the guy who owns the company that makes those black plastic pots, that plants and bushes are sold in.
Sean

You have your helmet on too tight again Gumbo. :flipoff2:

My huh? was to the whole long thread. Shees, no wonder 80/100 has so many posts. :flipoff2:

Sorry Sean - I thought you might have meant the LX450 and not the TLC model.

I was talking about TLC models that were brought in from the US. I think you are correct that all the LX450's in Canada had lockers (that's what I heard as well).

But in the end I'm with Gumby.

I was thinking today that it might be a more interesting thread to ask:

"What percentage of US 80's actually see any off-road use?"

The answer to this question provides insight into the business model of outfits like sleeoffroad. From what I can tell, Christo and his guys are top notch and it's a little hard for me to understand that there's enough money in designing/tooling & selling the cool aftermarket armour that they are so well known for (considering that it's mainly for the 80 series).

Perhaps I'm on the way to suggest that we should all go buy more stuff from Christo to fund the development of more cool stuff.

Up here in Canada I only know of Sean, Hugh, Simon and myself that would be into offroading. So that's like 4 out of 1000?

I know, I know - bad method. Need to hire a polling outfit. And should also consider different levels of offroading.

Sorry the hijack and rambling. :slap:

- R

Well I've gotten a couple of emails asking me to look out for any good 80s for sale. I've stopped and looked at about 8 so far. All in nice shape, none had lockers. When I was looking at mine same thing, Called and looked at 20 and bought the first one that had lockers. Looked at it at 4:00pm, drove it home at 8:00pm that night.

As a side note some of you guys might consider stopping the posts asking if we like what you found. I'm sure a few trucks went to forum lurkers while you where waiting for responses :eek:.

Um,

100% of the remaining 93% can have the lockers of yer choice added :rolleyes:

think some people advertise their 80's with lockers mistaking the center differential for front and back :doh:

who needs lockers when youve got the lowend grunt of a 3fe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom