Penn Marshall Stone House. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And some more;

I started tumbling glass for the counter-tops and that was where things came to a halt. Lots of things happened and I just never got back on track. I am at a point now where I can get back at it.

I am still planning on doing the same counter-tops and about ready to loosen up the back again. I plan to do concrete and tumbled glass counter tops. I have broken up the bottles I plan to use. We worked hard at emptying these... the whole family helped here. Maybe too dedicated on this leg of the project. Brown and green beer bottles. Wine bottles in greens and blues and some various glass and pottery I picked up out of the yard while digging the foundation. Some bourbon bottles might have made there way in the mix... I tumbled the glass in an old electric concrete mixer (dug it out of the barn) with some water and sand.

I have found the concrete materials that I plan to go with and just need to order them. Looking at a bit of an acid stained concrete. I have no experience with concrete counter tops. YouTube and Google... Does not look too difficult. Maybe a bit intimidating... We shall find out... Different methods. I am going with the pouring them upside down and then setting them in place. Results look better to me than poured in place tops. Can get the aggregate (glass) to do more what you want this way.

Some more random pics.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like you've slowed down at all! Gorgeous work.
Yes, life happens! Keep up the good work! It will all come together soon.

Thanks for the encouraging words! I need those...

Still getting my things in order and supplies to start these concrete counter tops. Hope to start portions of them this weekend. Been working on our house in town we have been living in for the last 25 years so we can get it on the market. I then hope to really get going strong on finishing this place once we sell the other.

A desktop portion of the counter top will be wood. Some old wormy and "naily" tongue and groove poplar I found sitting around. The rest will be concrete with some broken and tumbled glass. Some old broken parts of dishes and glass I found in the yard while working on the house. Some bottles my family emptied over the last few years.

We will see how it goes...

Sounds like it's going to be awesome, so keep at it. I don't have the spunk in me anymore to do what you're taking on. Good Job!

Little by little. One day at a time...

Made a new top for the desk in the kitchen. Hoping to pour a section or two of counter top this weekend.

The Desktop
05ThursdayMar 2020

Posted by kybishop in Kitchen
Leave a comment
[Edit]
20200219_195125.jpg

It was at this desk that we first connected to the ‘Internet’. It was the mid 1980’s. I know it was after 1983 because my mom was gone. Well, gone in flesh and bone but not in spirit.

Not a big entry but more to the story and pictures on the blog. Link below.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom