Past Long weekend.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How was every ones long weekend?

Got few rides in over the weekend, one with my daughter and another with Jim and Jon...lots of fun.
IMG_5077.JPG
IMG_5074.JPG
IMG_5103.JPG
IMG_5098.JPG
IMG_5090.JPG

Weekend was busy for me. I had Planned to leave for camping on Wednesday afternoon, however on Monday the weak cylinder in my truck became a lot worse. Fear of losing the cylinder completely and no backup vehicle on the road led to a new plan.... I had a spare 22R that I knew was good, so I headed to the shop early to try for an engine swap record.
Showed up a little after 5:30am and got to work. Had the engine out in just over an hour, and had it running by 9:30.
After that we had plenty of time to got ready and head out to camping. Went up to Doobah lake near Nitnat, via Port Renfrew.
Was a great trip, lots of good times with good friends.

D2955B36-A22F-4C1B-9241-72441D827926.jpeg

8D740B43-705A-4DA9-81A3-63BC97595C4D.jpeg

A4177A5D-117B-4625-983D-997B18D9051E.jpeg

00A2308F-04F1-44AE-9895-3084EE37C38E.jpeg

2DDE519D-71BB-4640-9716-ADE994585491.jpeg

Going to rebuild it to have a spare?
Keep it around anyway. Bottom end seems good, no oil burn or blow by at all. Looks like the top end was done recently, so my guess would be assembly error on one valve.

I like the bed rack, did you make it?

How did sleeping in the tent on a lower elevation work out....

I made half the rack, the vertical parts I bought used. but then I built the bed rails and the tent mount.
It worked out quite well. I like that it’s below cab hight but still has lots of room underneath.

I made half the rack, the vertical parts I bought used. but then I built the bed rails and the tent mount.
It worked out quite well. I like that it’s below cab hight but still has lots of room underneath.

Cool, I know there is now comparing the 60 series for camping to the mini truck, each does some stuff better than the other...

That Cedar is quite something, I passed through it a couple of weeks ago. It looks like someone cut the pass through with a million little cuts with a rather undersized saw. I have to make it to Doobah, my journey ended at McClure.
IMG_0117.JPG

That Cedar is quite something, I passed through it a couple of weeks ago. It looks like someone cut the pass through with a million little cuts with a rather undersized saw. I have to make it to Doobah, my journey ended at McClure.View attachment 1708222

Is that your Toyota Cam? How do you like it? Sell the Cummins?

You know, I was torn.

Initially I thought I liked the little red truck, but I can't keep calling you glen if you drive it the way it is.

However, I see you've made some additions.... :flipoff2: :lol:

Is that your Toyota Cam? How do you like it? Sell the Cummins?

Yeah I sold the Cummins, it was time and I didn't need the lumbering pig anymore. The Tacoma is a good little truck, its nice to have something you can trust right out of the gates. Its similar to the dodge on fuel but has 1/2 the power...perhaps 1/3...or less than that. lol
It steers better, stops better and generally zips around like a go cart in comparison. My only complaint is the electronic throttle that lags and rev hangs like crazy, oh and the dumb dumb nannies have to be bypassed as well. Ill do the driving thanks Toyota. A true mechanical LSD is in the works plus a couple other things, nothing crazy.

Im sure glad I picked the last of the 2nd gens... the 3.5 in the 3rd gens was a bad move on Toyota's part, couple it to a auto and you've just ruined the truck.

Yeah I sold the Cummins, it was time and I didn't need the lumbering pig anymore. The Tacoma is a good little truck, its nice to have something you can trust right out of the gates. Its similar to the dodge on fuel but has 1/2 the power...perhaps 1/3...or less than that. lol
It steers better, stops better and generally zips around like a go cart in comparison. My only complaint is the electronic throttle that lags and rev hangs like crazy, oh and the dumb dumb nannies have to be bypassed as well. Ill do the driving thanks Toyota. A true mechanical LSD is in the works plus a couple other things, nothing crazy.

Im sure glad I picked the last of the 2nd gens... the 3.5 in the 3rd gens was a bad move on Toyota's part, couple it to a auto and you've just ruined the truck.

Right on Cam! Sounds like a nice truck. Being that you're not towing big equipment anymore, it only makes sense I guess.

The Bigger trucks have come at a price... downsizing makes sense.

You gonna hit the trails, Jay has his tundra lifted and ready to go..?

I mean if Graham can wheel his little red truck with 6 inch lift and 28 inch tires, I am sure you could keep up:worms:;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom