Passenger floor Coolant, Heater Core Leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Ya'll
New here.
Just bought a 95 FJ80.
Beautiful rig,
But now got a major project so I've heard.
Coolant leaking onto passenger floor. Sweet smell, windows fog up like crazy when using heater, can barely drive it as is, it fogs up so bad.

Problem is Mechanics near my house either can't find the part or booked up for months. I'm f&$#ked out of a ride until I get somebody to work on this. I live in an Apartment and not about to start pulling everything apart outside without the right parts and tools.

Two mechanics have told me this heater core has been discontinued? WTF?
My question is, does anyone have the part number and correct diagram or picture of what this thing looks like because Ebay shows that they have new ones for under 100$, One says it fits years 91-97 but it has the two holes for pipes closer together, I assume is the rear core because another ebay post says this one is "rear" but this post says nothing about it? HVAC Heater Core fits 1991-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser APDI | eBay

Then I see another one that says it fits 97 with two holes further apart.
HVAC Heater Core Front APDI 9010487 | eBay

What confuses me is that I thought the 97 was an FJ80 and had same parts as 94 or 95 which I own.

Any help would be greatly appreciated to whomever has any info.

I think alot of people just remove them and bypass it all together. Just a thought.

People remove or bypass the rear heater but the OP is implying the front heater core is leaking. I do recall that the OEM front heater is no longer available which means that you need to find a used one or have your existing core repaired. I don't recall anyone posting on this forum about finding an aftermarket option. I find that EBay pictures are not always the exact part but could be some other vehicle like a 4Runner. It's a gamble just make sure you can get a refund or have the seller actually take a picture before it gets shipped.

The heater core is discontinued, no new ones left for sale.
For a 95. Not sure what other years.
87107-60130

Last edited:
87107-60130
Appreciate all the replies. But I dont get why people be bypassing it. Dont people like to have a warm rig in the morning? I live in Washington state near Cascade mountains. It gets fricken cold around here. I need a heater. :)

The bypass most due is the 'rear heat delete'. The.one that lives under the front passenger seat.

Many would rather not have the possible failure or have to maintain the parts. Plus people then use that space for activities.

many moons ago i had to bypass a heater on a passenger car and used a small heater that plugged into the cig lighter,it got me through the winter.
i just wore extra layers,sold the car eventually.

I too have been without heat. Scraping ice from the inside of the windshield sucks, and the cold steering wheel.

I too have been without heat. Scraping ice from the inside of the windshield sucks, and the cold steering wheel.
if your doing that i would hook up an electric heater directly to the battery with an on off switch and fused wiring,kick it on when you start the car and let it warm up

Amazon shows 87107-60130 in stock and ready to order. ????? Not sure if that is accurate though.

Scratch that.

Last edited:
That was many moons and vehicles ago. Different scene these days.

87107-60130
Thanks Tedwarf for that part#
many moons ago i had to bypass a heater on a passenger car and used a small heater that plugged into the cig lighter,it got me through the winter.
Ya I just bought a 20$ plug in heater at Oreillys but I don't think I'm selling this one. It's too nice of a rig to let go. Looks like I'll be looking for a front HC from someone parting out their LC.
What a pain though. I would have never thought such an easy cheap part would be so much hassle.
thanks for the info!

Where do you guys go to get part original part numbers?
I want to assume that the Heater core is the exact same from 91-97 fj80 models but I want to be sure before I pay someone to part it out for me from, say a 93 when I have a 95. Do you know if they're the same?

Jumping on the most recent thread for the sad news that I've got a busted heater core on my '94. 87107-60130. The truck is my DD - anyone have any leads on where to get a used (or gasp NEW) core? Having a heck of a time finding anything...

i have some used ones but they are selling kinda quick. people take then to a shop, have them redone and then sell the one they had.

you can get a new one for the later style but you would need to swap the whole box out. @beno can get one for you but its almost a grand.

Had a local fabricator modify a Ford Explorer core for mine. Only issue would be the use of permanent clamps on the heavy duty hoses. No problems and it's been a few years, so will probably be fine. The OEM setup in my 1994 used O-rings on the copper pipe connections, could be as simple as an O-ring fix too.

Rock Auto has a few rear heater cores listed...

Last edited:
Thanks I'll check that out. Do you recall what the part number or year of Ford Explorer you had modified?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom