Parts you no longer need (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

baldilocks

Battle Ground, WA
GOLD Star
Threads
I posted a want ad in the classified section but I wanted to ask here since you guys post so much custom work in this thread. I need an 80 series front third member. More specifically what I need is just the drop out and original matching bearing caps.

Mine got tweaked when the ring and pinion exploded apparently. Both bolts in one cap are slightly bent and the ARB adjuster nut and race won’t fit into the cap without undue force.

If you have a front 80 third collecting dust and it’s got the original bearing caps in the known correct positions I’d be interested in talking with you about it. Thanks.

i know you're trying to save a buck, but new is available.
These crossed my mind but I’m leery of aftermarket. Has anyone used these thirds from Marlin?

That’s what the LC shop here in Portland said. I’m concerned about the side adjuster nuts fitting properly. I feel more confident in a factory assembly that’s never been tampered with. Marlin’s 80 series drop out costs $313 I can get a factory assembled unit for a little over $100 more with zero mystery. Not to mention that Marlin passed away yesterday. That fact could have the company at a stand still right now.

You do understand Marlin had been retired now for a few years. . The company will not come to a stand still

I heard the interview with Marlin on Toyota Trucks and Trails podcast a few years ago. He exclaimed to being mostly a iconic personality with the company rather than an everyday employee. I wouldn't hesitate on a product with Marlin!

I saw an ad on FaceB classifieds from the cottage grove area. The guy seems to have multiple 80 thirds. You should try there?

I heard the interview with Marlin on Toyota Trucks and Trails podcast a few years ago. He exclaimed to being mostly a iconic personality with the company rather than an everyday employee. I wouldn't hesitate on a product with Marlin!

I saw an ad on FaceB classifieds from the cottage grove area. The guy seems to have multiple 80 thirds. You should try there?
I’m no FB guru so my market place search did not find this seller. Can you provide a link?

Now I can't find it either! I search often and that Ad has been online for weeks now. I swear it was there yesterday! Sorry.

I found one with a Mud member in idaho. Supposed to receive a shipping quote Saturday and that will most likely close the deal. Mud is a great place.

I found one with a Mud member in idaho. Supposed to receive a shipping quote Saturday and that will most likely close the deal. Mud is a great place.
If you ended buying a complete third, I would be interested in buying one or both of the adjustment caps (large round threaded donut thing) from your damaged third if don’t need them.

If you ended buying a complete third, I would be interested in buying one or both of the adjustment caps (large round threaded donut thing) from your damaged third if don’t need them.
I will probably add those nuts to my parts stash.

I just re-geared, so I have a set of stock 4.10s for the front. Anyone needs them, just pay for shipping and you can have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom