Parking lights staying on after truck is shutdown.... Stumped (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the other day I noticed that my parking lights and a couple of interior dash lights were staying on when I shut the truck off.
It was also raining out so that may have something to do with it but no evidence of a leak inside the truck as of right now.
The truck has had a slow power drain since I have had it but was never a big deal. I just disconnect the battery when I am not driving it. However not being able to let it sit over night is no good at all.

Has anyone ever had any symptoms like this? Or do I need to start from scratch?
As always thanks for any pointers!
Maineiac

Your passenger side sunroof drain is clogged.
Water is running down the drain tube and dripping onto the ECU behind the passenger kick panel.
I used compressed air and a air gun in quick bursts to clear mine, once dried out all was right with the world again.
Everytime it rained or I hit the carwash I would have problems, instrument cluster stayed live, remote didn't work, HVAC fans stayed on, power windows stayed live, DRL's stayed on...I would have to put a battery tender on it while at work and at home for the night.
Couldn't lock it because the alarm would go off at random.
Threw parts at it. Bought a for sale sign. Wrote Craig's List ad...one last ditch effort on Facebook...been fine for a year now.

Did you turn the lights on with the vehicle off? I did this once and had the issues you're describing above....I think it actually happened when I turned parking lights on with the key out....I cleaned the switch connection on the steering column and then disconnected the battery. I then made sure not to repeat as I'm not positive the cleaning fixed it. I do not have any water leaks (knock on wood).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom