Parking brake shoes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

devo

SILVER Star
Threads
just checking to see where most of you 80 owners are buying your parking brake shoes?

I'm sure OEM are the best, and of course the most expensive. Also to order from Toyota requires 3 different part numbers.

Let me know what you think

devo

Thanks for the link. Couldn't find a hardware kit anywhere. The upper springs don't seem to be available anymore. The link is good for one side (2 shoes) or both sides? Hard to tell from the description. Thanks.

How are the Bosch shoes holding up, any issues? I need to order a set of shoes as well.

Did mine 5-6 yrs. ago with the same shoes and a hardware kit. Mine have held up very well. I had actually forgotten that I had bought OEM from Cdan years ago and had them stored away in my shop. Ordered the ones from RockAuto and put them on.

They fit fine. IF I ever wear them out....I'll put the OEM's on.

Did mine 5-6 yrs. ago with the same shoes and a hardware kit. Mine have held up very well. I had actually forgotten that I had bought OEM from Cdan years ago and had them stored away in my shop. Ordered the ones from RockAuto and put them on.

Thanks for the feedback. I'd really like to go OEM, I've gone OEM on EVERYTHING else, but I'm already way over-budget, and OEM are literally five times the cost.

$20/each really doesn’t seem that bad to me.

81942DB6-0659-436E-907A-2BFA95480E89.jpeg

Cheers

$20/each really doesn’t seem that bad to me.

View attachment 2385438

Cheers

Free shipping too?? J/K :)

The cheapest price I could find shipped was around $120 IIRC. I've spent thousands of dollars more than I had to going with OEM over aftermarket parts. Believe me, this hurts my soul. Been laid off since March though, so it is what it is. Knowing me and my OCD, I wouldn't put it past myself to replace them with OEM at a later date :rofl:

Just out of curiosity how well does your parking brake hold the cruiser? We talking held stationary even with trans in neutral on a steep grade?

Just out of curiosity how well does your parking brake hold the cruiser? We talking held stationary even with trans in neutral on a steep grade?

^^^^^
IF I crank the hell out of it. I'm talking so far and hard that it's difficult to release it afterward.

On level or near level ground it holds fine and I don't have to set the brake too hard. On steep grades (read San Fran streets) it would definitely 'creep' if I didn't really crank on it. It does 'OK' as a parking brake, it will never (and has never) been able to lock up the rear wheels. I've had the vehicle since it was 3 years old and even back then...the parking brake was something less than inspiring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom