Paper clip trick help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need to know what it means 2-5 then 2-5-6 then starts over. Really need to figure this out thanks for any help!

Not sure where you're looking, but it likely means shorting those conductors together.

ODB1 codes are listed in the FAQ as well.

Here we go what again? I get attitude I give attitude. But i'll be nice it's a 94 fzj80 I live in NH it came from maine 3 years ago. It has a rough idle worse mpg's been this way for a long time, this spring I did a lot to it and still there and I have yet to figure it out.

Here we go what again? I get attitude I give attitude. But i'll be nice it's a 94 fzj80 I live in NH it came from maine 3 years ago. It has a rough idle worse mpg's been this way for a long time, this spring I did a lot to it and still there and I have yet to figure it out.

Lets clear something out from the get go. You've been on the site since 2011 but have extremely little involvement which means you have ZERO problem taking all you need from this forum but have ZERO interest in giving back. That is fine and well within your right to do so. But now you post a new thread...looking for help and you expect all of the experts to once again come to your aid and now have to figure out NOT ONLY your problem, but a solution to your problem and oh, now we have to actually ask what vehicle you have because you don't take the time to do US the favor and at LEAST put the very basic info into your signature. Then when the ONE person who 100% for sure can answer your issue, given the revelation of information you bestowed, and you answer him (and us) with "happy"? Can you not take a step back for a minute and realize that was kinda dumb to do? Sorry if you now don't get the answer you are looking for but your response was out of line.

94 new Hampshire happy
Don't get your panties in a bunch on a Friday. You need to include relevant information when posting to get an accurate response. The 80 Series was available worldwide and in the US alone came with 2 different motors, one of which was both OBD1 and 2 compliant, 3 different transmissions, etc.
You question was equivalent to, "How long is a piece of string?"

Yes I'm very happy and New Hampshire is not a country.

Your right I apologize!! Bad day a bit snippy no excuse. I'm an a******.

Now as for not contributing much it's because I don't have much to contribute. Far smarter people here than me so no need. If there was something I know I know I would, but when it comes to wheeling or the maintenance or repair of anything I don't have the experience or knowledge so I read and learn and if I need help I ask. I did put this in the 80's section and was short on time and didn't think I needed to put fzj80 and where I live honestly never occurred to me.

So lets try this again I have a 94 fzj80 with 172,000 miles have had a check engine light on for couple years been slowly trying different things as time and patience allowed not a daily driver. This spring was finally able to do a lot of maintenance and repairs that have been getting put off was hoping it would help it didn't still have problem. 2 years ago had Toyota check it they couldn't figure it out code they said was coming back lean and rich tech couldn't say why thought might be water in fuel so ran sea foam through it for several tanks of gas helped but wasn't it. I had thought vacuum before bringing to Toyota so replaced all the vac lines. Anyway if anyone wants to help appreciate it. Either way still like to apologize for coming off like the ass I am. Thanks!!!
Lets clear something out from the get go. You've been on the site since 2011 but have extremely little involvement which means you have ZERO problem taking all you need from this forum but have ZERO interest in giving back. That is fine and well within your right to do so. But now you post a new thread...looking for help and you expect all of the experts to once again come to your aid and now have to figure out NOT ONLY your problem, but a solution to your problem and oh, now we have to actually ask what vehicle you have because you don't take the time to do US the favor and at LEAST put the very basic info into your signature. Then when the ONE person who 100% for sure can answer your issue, given the revelation of information you bestowed, and you answer him (and us) with "happy"? Can you not take a step back for a minute and realize that was kinda dumb to do? Sorry if you now don't get the answer you are looking for but your response was out of line.

No new Hampshire isn't a country but since you are in NJ I figured you could figure it out.

You're not an a******, just a bit dickish.

Try pulling the 15 amp EFI fuse under the hood for 5 or 10 minutes. This will clear out any previous codes and allow the ECU to relearn sensors. If the codes come back then you at least can be certain that they are recent and active.

If the codes don't come back then look elsewhere for the cause. Rough idle can almost always be attributed to a vacuum leak allowing unmetered air into the system.

Been some years, but I was throwing a 25 or 26, don't recall which. But went through the EGR system. Replaced the EGR modulator. Code free since. The modulator is super easy to test if failing. Now there is more to the system than what worked for me.

Thanks guys much appreciated will try and remember to use this:flipoff2: next time.

Oh forgot to mention on occasion the light will go out and on occasion when it does I know it's about to or it has already but am noticing that it seems to be running better when it does, but I don't always notice it is running better. When it does go out I have been running it for hours upon hours like 3 weeks ago took the weekend driving all over Vermont no wheeling just sight seeing mostly from behind the wheel. But more so it has seemed if I have been in low for a long time it will go out, but not always only occasionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom