PACT Act Deadline August 9, 2023 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hugh Heifer

Less than 90 days!
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.stlca.org
I just learned that there is a deadline for filing a claim under the PACT Act. Claims or an intent to file a claim must be in by August 9, 2023. While you can fill out the form online I do not think it is going to arrive at the VA in time to be processed. I do not know if post marks count.
Alternatively, you can call 1-800-827-1000 and pick the PACT Act option (I think 6), wait 30+ minutes on hold and then advise them you want to file a claim intent under the PACT Act. They will get you straight. This will reserve your right for a future claim.

Read one article here:

Good luck.

Funny thing about all of that. I got my intent to file put in and in time. There was supposed to be a rep from the VA who will call and tell me about everything and it still hasn't happened. Im going to hook up with the VFW and see if they can help.

I hope for the best for all veterans that have applied for the PACT act. I was told I did not qualify, I was on board the USS Ronald Reagan in 2011 while we provided humanitarian aid for Japan.

We were off the coast of Japan 24 hours after the earthquake tsunami that killed so many people and caused a nuclear reactor to melt down. Naval ships source their water from the ocean and we were just miles from the reactor site, several sailors have passed away due to cancer related to the radiation exposure we were subject to for over a month.

The VA told me I am not qualified.

There was a large civil case against the power company in Japan that was responsible for the reactor.

I put in something for the PACT Act and got it approved very easily strangely enough. Took like 4 months but it bumped me 10 percent.

Forgot about this thread. I have pending claims now for the PACT Act and sleep apnea on top of my current issues.

During my annual physical the doctor asked me if I have ever been exposed to radiation and I told her of my time on the Reagan back in 2011. A few weeks later the VA acknowledged the information I shared with my doctor. They told me to file a claim if I have not done so yet.

My submission for the PACT act goes back to 2021, not sure if it is retro but would be nice.

Hey dumb question here but I got to ask. So I put in for the pact act in June this last year. It got approved and has a date of June 29 2023 so effective date is that. If it got approved in December and the effective date is June are they doing back pay ? Says so online but I have no real clue as it's the VA. I called last night and the lady I chatted with said something about back pay back to Aug 2022. Anybody know the real answer ?

Hey dumb question here but I got to ask. So I put in for the pact act in June this last year. It got approved and has a date of June 29 2023 so effective date is that. If it got approved in December and the effective date is June are they doing back pay ? Says so online but I have no real clue as it's the VA. I called last night and the lady I chatted with said something about back pay back to Aug 2022. Anybody know the real answer ?
I can not honestly answer your question, but in the past when I was updated on my disability rating and there was a retro date I was always given the back pay. It would be nice if I get mine approved too, Feb 2021 was when I submitted and still waiting.

Last edited:
My application for the PACT act was denied, but they did confirm I was exposed to radiation during Operation Tomodachi in 2011. So if I ever come down with something related to the exposure I will qualify apparently for the PACT act.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom