SOLD Pacific Northwest May 1975 FJ 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Color
green
I am listing this for a co-worker. I have had several fj40s in the past and know what to look for when buying these vehicles. This FJ40 is in very good condition and is an older restoration ( with some minor mods) that has been sitting idle and garage kept for years. see pics and write up for details. I have driven it, it runs very strong and is very clean and in great condition Owner is asking 30,000.00

image4.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

So I am likely too old for the technology of computer communication so, if this is available , how can I get in touch. Thanks

So I am likely too old for the technology of computer communication so, if this is available , how can I get in touch. Thanks
Check your messages box. I sent you a private message with my cell

i feel your pain with technology

This vehicle has been sold to knuckle 47

Thanks for the interest
Great to see you could overcome the hurdle of technology and make a deal happen!

Great to see you could overcome the hurdle of technology and make a deal happen!
Thanks! Turned out it was easy…. We used a telephone. LOL

So gang…. I am returning to the FJ40 after 48 years. My 1974 FJ was purchased new in October 1974 out of Morristown ,NJ dealer For about $3900 new. We moved about 4 miles from Canada in northern Vermont where the salt from winter ate the Land Cruiser within about 5-6 years. Thanks to @birdog009 for contacting me when I saw the above photos on the forum.

can someone recommend a good fitting outdoor cover until I can get some space in my messy 2 car garage this fall. The truck will be on its way to me next week and will enjoy getting back in the saddle as they say.

here is a photo of my 1974. At the time, to two biggest suppliers were Downey Toyota and Man-A-Fre. @birdog009 turned me on to several suppliers of modern times. This 1/2 cab soft top from Downey was a great look at the time. Met my wife with this truck and after 47 years, we’re both looking forward to our first ride again
C39F60A9-4466-4A88-BB5D-ECE6BC7F9C0F.jpeg

So gang…. I am returning to the FJ40 after 48 years. My 1974 FJ was purchased new in October 1974 out of Morristown ,NJ dealer For about $3900 new. We moved about 4 miles from Canada in northern Vermont where the salt from winter ate the Land Cruiser within about 5-6 years. Thanks to @birdog009 for contacting me when I saw the above photos on the forum.

can someone recommend a good fitting outdoor cover until I can get some space in my messy 2 car garage this fall. The truck will be on its way to me next week and will enjoy getting back in the saddle as they say.

here is a photo of my 1974. At the time, to two biggest suppliers were Downey Toyota and Man-A-Fre. @birdog009 turned me on to several suppliers of modern times. This 1/2 cab soft top from Downey was a great look at the time. Met my wife with this truck and after 47 years, we’re both looking forward to our first ride again
View attachment 2994796
It's awesome that you can enjoy a truck that will bring back many memories!

For the money, these amazon covers can't be beat, I've been using two for over a year outside in the CA sun, and while they are a bit faded, they aren't tearing or falling apart from deterioration like a tarp would. They appear to breath well too, no signs of condensation or musty smells in either truck.

The SUV up to 190" is the size I have. It will be a bit loose, but there are straps front, center, and rear to tighten up the cover snugly so it doesn't flap around too bad.

Amazon product ASIN B07T96CL1C

@EWheeler thank you for the recommendation…ordered the cover. Also discovered the 2F engine manual on Amazon for $29 compared to 40-50 on eBay

If you EVER do an engine swap (doesn’t sound like you’re gonna), PLEASE let me know. My June 1975 40 was swapped to 350 SBC before I bought it many, many years ago. It would be sweet to have a 2F back in it that’s very close to the production date! Congratulations on the new purchase!

If you EVER do an engine swap (doesn’t sound like you’re gonna), PLEASE let me know. My June 1975 40 was swapped to 350 SBC before I bought it many, many years ago. It would be sweet to have a 2F back in it that’s very close to the production date! Congratulations on the new purchase!
Thank you… I wish I never sold my 1974… it was new when I bought it and spent a load of money buying “improvements” over the years. I’m a bit of a purist so would likely not do anything with an engine swap despite it being a big thing back in the ‘70s. I have not even received the truck yet and spent $1000 on some parts I know will return it to stock appearance. But, if anything…. I will get back to you … thanks for the well wishes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom