P0770 Code (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
Yesterday morning while driving to work my CEL came on, didn't really think anything of it. Truck has been driving fine, after work went and had the code red and it gave me the P0770 Shift solenoid "E". Prices for the solenoid almost gave me a heart attack. Planning on swapping the solenoid this weekend, can't find a good write up on the subject, but from what I have found, it appears to be pretty straight forward. Just curious if anyone had experienced this before, I've seen things ranging from people just leaving it alone, to a full blown tranny swap/rebuild. Just thought it was strange that the truck hasn't seemed to have any issues. The only thing I have noticed that there is a mystery "clunk" that I always assumed was suspension in nature as the truck is at 180k miles with one owner. So any other help on the subject would be awesome.

I had a transmission code not too long ago (P2714) but it was accompanied with symptoms that led me to believe I was low on transmission fluid. Once I had the transmission fluid at the appropriate level, driving returned to normal and the code hasn't come back.

The clunk when shifting from R to D is most often the drive shaft, lubricating it may resolve the noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom