Oxblood's Camp Trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
I'm building a simple trailer to pull behind my FJ40 on camping trips. We picked up the trailer from a friend who bought a house with it sitting on the property. I found a Compact Camping Concepts M.O.A.B. tent for 200 bucks locally and made basic rack to support it. the rack is built out of conduit using a 110 Lincoln flux core because I had the material floating around and my tig was out for repair. After we test things this summer and find the shortcomings from this setup I'll rebuild it right.

Last edited:
The ultimate goal for this build is something to keep up with the FJ40 for some real back country camping. To that end my next mods are a little more lift, matching 35" tires with the same wheels as the FJ so I can have extra spares and sliding floor to better access gear while the tent is deployed.

Sweet score on the trailer. How do you like the tent?

The ultimate goal for this build is something to keep up with the FJ40 for some real back country camping. To that end my next mods are a little more lift, matching 35" tires with the same wheels as the FJ so I can have extra spares and sliding floor to better access gear while the tent is deployed.
Looks really great, I like that tent. How much does that tent weigh? What are the dimensions of the trailer box?

Sweet score on the trailer. How do you like the tent?

I like it a lot. I like the fact that it is canvas and I love how quickly it goes up. My only complaint is that it is a little snug for me, my wife, and my 3 year old but I figure It'll work for now. If it was just my wife and I it would be perfect.

Looks really great, I like that tent. How much does that tent weigh? What are the dimensions of the trailer box?

Thanks! Its relatively light, I'll weigh it next time I have it off the rack. The trailer box is 60" long by 40" wide.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom