Overlander Trailer and Roof Tent question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Don't want to put a roof tent on top of my new LC as it's my daily driver not to mention I have Budbuilt stage 4 skids and beefy sliders on the way so it will add few hundred pounds at the least.

I am considering the FSR Overlander trailer and 5-6 persons Large High Country tent to go on the trailer. Chatting with them online I was told I don't need rack and could use the Rhino cross bars that come with the trailer. Has anyone heard of this brand or tried their trailer? and what do you guys think of the axeless suspension holding up on terrain?

Overland Trailer (under 1000 pounds with roof tent)
Overlander Trailer – Freespirit Recreation

• Dimensions: 71 ½”L X 44”W X 46”H (to top of the rack)
  • Weight: 690 lbs. (Highway Package excluding tent)
  • Storage: 45 cubic feet
  • Suspension: Timbren 2,000 lb. axeless suspension system

Large tent:
High Country Edition Large – Freespirit Recreation

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 1.24.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 2.04.36 PM.png

I don't think you are going to get a whole lot of feedback on the Timbren suspension on here. From what I've seen there aren't too many guys running it. However, if you look at any of the trailer parts websites they seem to get very good reviews and the 2000lb setup that your trailer will come with should be perfect.

As for the rhino rack, that should hold a tent nicely. I will say that the raised rack that is an option for your trailer would give you a lot more room to carry extra gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom