Oregon "Outback" road trip photos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dude that is a Fawk awesome pic .. !!!!! :D

0014.jpg

Nice 60 and nice pictures, thanks for sharing.

We do a loop that gets very close to that area, we actually follow 140 for a ways inside NV. Great country.

great rig

Benji said:
Nice trip, nice 60 and nice color. Brown/tan is my favorite color. Clean 60.

awsome.

I totally agree. Would like to add a 60 like that to my collection.

Nice Cruiser and excellent pics. I have spent a bunch of time in SE Oregon - Steens, Sheldon, Alvord Desert, Wagontire, Jordan Valley, Owyhee, etc. Great country, but carry gas cans.

M

nice FJ60 and beautiful pics... the nekkidness was an expected visual :banana:

Mike S said:
Nice Cruiser and excellent pics. I have spent a bunch of time in SE Oregon - Steens, Sheldon, Alvord Desert, Wagontire, Jordan Valley, Owyhee, etc. Great country, but carry gas cans.

M

Here is something good to know. Lakeview gas stations close at 11 and its a long way to Burns or Winnemuca. Talk about a white knuckle trip. :eek:

It's 200 miles or so to Hart Mt from Bend.

Thanks for the comments on the cruiesr to all of ya.

I've got pictures of the Hot springs, , should have em up soon along with some more of the rig and etc. Don't want to over do it wit the photos from this one trip..

And yeah I carry a 5 gal jerry can, (Really need that long range tank or bumper with carrier). Got to Frenchglen on Sunday and the gas pumps were closed..Yikes! The jerry bought us the rest of the afternoon.

I mentioned earlier ( in a post) there is a lot of country out there..jeez not enough time, is there? A friend of mine just got back from southern Utah on the same kind of trip, except he was in some kinda of regular turck of some sort, ho hum ..Nice country lots of back roads..

HD

High Desert:

Nice rig and sweet pics. It's funny how people imagine that Oregon is all like Portland or Eugene.

I'm sure I've seen your rig around town, and you've probably seen mine (brown--but not the dark brown--with black hood scoop, grill, etc). It's a 13BT turbo diesel now, but otherwise stock like yours. I've been thinking about the 33x9.5's but am really focused on fuel economy and wonder how much real difference it makes. Might go 32/10.5 to avoid roll.

See you around.

Thanks for sharing those beautiful pics! DAMN! That makes me want to drive out east instead of driving to work today...

Hey Jon-
Remember her (the 40 in the pic that is)? Taken out in the Millican OHV area. She is sittin' pretty in my buddy's garage. Another beautiful cruiser! Hope to run into you while driving cruisers someday.

Carlos.
Millican OHV Area 003 copy.jpg

Lucy_FJ55 said:
Thanks for sharing those beautiful pics! DAMN! That makes me want to drive out east instead of driving to work today...

Hey Jon-
Remember her (the 40 in the pic that is)? Taken out in the Millican OHV area. She is sittin' pretty in my buddy's garage. Another beautiful cruiser! Hope to run into you while driving cruisers someday.

Carlos.

BOOHOO HOO!

That's my 40 !! why in the hell did I sell that rig? Sombody please tell me??!!!

JON

ps I pm'd you. Lucy_55

Got your pm Jon, I'll call you and fill you in on some lost info/details. Rig has barely been driven since you sold it, by the way. Good to have bumped into you while 'web wheelin'.

Here's a (shameless) pic of the 55 I picked up about the same time you sold that beautiful 40! I can't believe you sold it! HA HA, just messing with you.
Lily FJ55 copy.jpg

Lucy FJ55:

That's a nice piggy you've got there. I've seen it a couple times driving on the west side.

As for my rig, yes I did the swap and am running an h55 with it. I got the motor/tranny/t-case combo from G&SCruisers in BC. The motor is very peppy and has a lot more juice than my 2F ever did, and it gets great mileage (20 in town and 26/28 hwy). It was a pretty straightforward swap all in all. I'd do it again in a heart beat, although I might also consider the 4BT swap with a lift. You're welcome to check it out sometime. PM me for contact info.

Matt

Last edited:
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom