Orange Fan Clutch install. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
So in december 2020 found myself in Arizona Talking to a locla shop owner about the availability of an OEM 4.5 long block he said Dude I can get that here by tomorrow and he did in it went rebuilt the supercharger and changed everything that moved, AC new, water pump new motor mounts tranny you get what Im sayin. The one thing I really wanted besides headers was a metal radiator found one by CSF put it in hit the road, even in dec. the truck was running hot 197-211 thats not my normal at all My rig has run 186 almost forever with OEM radiator and @landtanks blue fan clutch. So I got home and got hold of Rick (landtank) got my slippery lil hands on an orange fan clutch( modified diesel clutch) install new shroud ORIGINAL 4.5 fan Not the supercharger fan and the trucks running 5 degrees BELOW my normal which was awesome as it was. SO there as they say is that. If your supercharged get the orange fan. or dont. Oh almost forgot the 3 ii custom exhaust KGPerformance built me tied to the cxracing header sounds so good it makes you want to kick a kitten into a swimming pool. now thats JMHO

Oh one more thing I installed Dobinsons new resovoir steering stabilizer, and its gone the minute that rain stops. not sure what the deal is but it made my truck ride like all my TRE were junk, and they are all actually brand new because my 37s love TRE's that is all.

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

Just stumbled on your thread and had a question on your orange hub fan. Having a hard time finding data on them via the google.

Q1. Did the orange hub bolt up to the standard pull just like blue hub without any “mods” to anything?

Q2. Does orange hub bolt up fine to the stock fan that comes off the blue hub?

Q3. Does the orange hub move more air/do you know/can you tell if it engages sooner than the unmodified blue one?

Thank you in advance for any info you can provide. I’m looking aid in cooling the 1fz with preferably OEM unmodded stuff is possible and just curious if the orange would work.

Just stumbled on your thread and had a question on your orange hub fan. Having a hard time finding data on them via the google.

Q1. Did the orange hub bolt up to the standard pull just like blue hub without any “mods” to anything?

Q3. Does the orange hub move more air/do you know/can you tell if it engages sooner than the unmodified blue one?

Thank you in advance for any info you can provide. I’m looking aid in cooling the 1fz with preferably OEM unmodded stuff is possible and just curious if the orange would work.
The SC orange fan clutch Is one of my products that addresses the over heating issue with the original fan that was delivered with the TRD supercharger.

I have offer s modded blue clutch for a stock 1fz which would be the one to use on your truck.

I have the blue one from @landtank and I recommend.

The SC orange fan clutch Is one of my products that addresses the over heating issue with the original fan that was delivered with the TRD supercharger.

I have offer s modded blue clutch for a stock 1fz which would be the one to use on your truck.
Is there any benefit to/is it possible to drop in the orange on a NA 1fz (and use original fan and shroud)?

I guess what I’m curious on is, does the orange one engage at a lower temp and draw more air in compared to the modded blue? Or am I trying to compare apples to…. Oranges…

Google searching for specs on orange wasn’t very fruitful. Ok I’m done with the puns

Is there any benefit to/is it possible to drop in the orange on a NA 1fz (and use original fan and shroud)?

I guess what I’m curious on is, does the orange one engage at a lower temp and draw more air in compared to the modded blue? Or am I trying to compare apples to…. Oranges…

Google searching for specs on orange wasn’t very fruitful. Ok I’m done with the puns

I'm not the expert but they do the same thing, the difference is that you dont need to use the fan spacer on the SC models. 1FZ doesnt have a fan spacer.

The only diffferece between the two is that the orange clutch is taller and it costs more.

It’s that additional height that allows the removal of the spacer used with the TRD setup but still allows the factory fan to clear the serpentine belt.

Just run the blue clutch.
Radical. Thank you for the clarification, I appreciate it!

Are there different spacers for the blue fan?

My spacer measures at 3/4” and the distance between the front of the fan to the back of the radiator is an 11/4”.

Should it be closer to the radiator with a thicker spacer?

My spacer measures at 3/4” and the distance between the front of the fan to the back of the radiator is an 11/4”.

Longer than two paragraphs, sorry. Moral of story I don’t have a spacer and my temps are acceptable so not sure space makes huge difference. Someone smarter may have better info though.
—————————
Are you having any engine temp issues with the current setup, or just curious?

I’ve recently (within 15k miles) put a new engine in, replaced fan, shroud etc. don’t think mine (as long as I’ve had it) had a space for the fan. I’m sitting at face of fan to rad fins, 1 7/8” -2”

In the Utah heat, I now run 177-184 during the spring up to 80 degrees ambient temp. Summer with 90-110 degrees outside the lowest operating temp I get is about 186 with around town driving. 75mph on a 100 degree day I can notice the fan kick in via scan gauge as temp will get to 196 then come down to 186 then repeat every so often.

Replacing fan clutch made a world of difference for my temps.

Reference

5AA39F97-1463-45B1-9737-0B3C74DE9264.jpeg

36A14B11-BBDB-4EE0-BB9F-A26C529FF42C.jpeg

I had to click on this post three times to read all that, two paragraphs at a time. Ha ha.

Ever since I installed the TRD SC, 10-12 years ago, it has ran warm when climbing any long hills on the highway. I have to turn off the A/C. Town is at 5k feet and I live at 8k, during the summer, when I get home, the temp is at 205ish with out the A/C.

I have a DIY Blue Fan mod. And have done everything to hurt air flow. ARB front bumper, skid plate, roof rack etc…. A friend is building an engine for me so I’m prepping for that. Looking for info.

Thank you.

I had to click on this post three times to read all that, two paragraphs at a time. Ha ha.

Ever since I installed the TRD SC, 10-12 years ago, it has ran warm when climbing any long hills on the highway. I have to turn off the A/C. Town is at 5k feet and I live at 8k, during the summer, when I get home, the temp is at 205ish with out the A/C.

I have a DIY Blue Fan mod. And have done everything to hurt air flow. ARB front bumper, skid plate, roof rack etc…. A friend is building an engine for me so I’m prepping for that. Looking for info.

Thank you.
Gotcha. Have you spaced up the hood at the hinges to “vent” the rear?

It looks goofy in my opinion, but I’ve done that and it did help for the 55mph plus drives. Think it was referenced in this thread before but at certain speeds, the nose of the rig more pushes air out of the way than into the engine bay past the rad.
The hood spaces did make a noticeable difference In what I assume would be the vacuum of air flowing through at speed. Basically allowed a path for hot air to exit.

That could be an option, I cut and installed vents.

IMG_0407.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom