Builds Operation Lexus Land Cruiser Prado - A Bubbles Joint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Welp. I bought me a Lexus GX470 after giving up on finding a decent mileage LC100/LX470.

I really lucked out apparently as the one I got is a unicorn in the GX world in that it is a sport package without navigation. :flipoff2:

Follow along while I turn this female owned, only serviced at the dealer, soccer mom mobile into the baby Land Cruiser that it is underneath the frilly Lexus surface.

I didn't take any pictures of it when I first bought it but this was before the modding really started. At this point the only things I did to it was have the windows tinted with the new 3M Ceramic IR, which is easily just as good as the Crystalline but much cheaper.

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_2968.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

Next up those stock wheels and highway Michelin's had to go!

The wheels are the insanely fkin rare TRD "Rock Warrior" forged faux bead lock wheels in 6 lug, originally intended for certain 4Runners. They're a VIN locked part and no I can't help you score a set. I have had mine sitting in my garage new in the boxes for a long time and thankfully I have a full set of 5. Anyways I got em setup with some 255/75R17 BFGoodrich KM3's. Something about the tall and skinny's appeals to me.

IMG_3481.jpg

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3483.jpg

As you can imagine the new wheels and tires led to some rubbing so next up was lifting it. With the help of some friends an OME "medium" lift was installed along with a metaltech rear coil conversion to ditch the rear airbags. Looks much better with the lift!

IMG_3501.jpg

IMG_3515.jpg

This day I got the factory 6k lb tow hitch installed so I can move my boat around again, and took off the factory running boards as well as trimmed some plastics to assist with looks and work on alleviating some rubbing. Amazing how ditching the OEM running boards makes it look so much taller.

Then I cut some holes in it.

#SNORKELSQUAD

IMG_3655.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3657.jpg

Most recently I installed some nfab steps (short wife problems) from a 5th gen 4runner, they compliment it well and bolt right on. This will work until I decide on which sliders to go with.

IMG_3793 2.jpg

IMG_3857.jpg

IMG_3886 2.jpg

Not too bad of progress IMO for only having owned it for 2 months!

Lookin’ good, bubbles.
I too like the tall n skinny tire...I have the same size, in the KO2 flavor.
Also a sport version, but alas, I have the nav. Oh well...
Yours looks great with the running boards removed. When you decide on sliders (limited for us because of KDSS), please post them up. I’m in the same boat...right now, I’m looking at White Knuckle Offroad.

Lookin’ good, bubbles.
I too like the tall n skinny tire...I have the same size, in the KO2 flavor.
Also a sport version, but alas, I have the nav. Oh well...
Yours looks great with the running boards removed. When you decide on sliders (limited for us because of KDSS), please post them up. I’m in the same boat...right now, I’m looking at White Knuckle Offroad.

FYI: I am very happy with my White Knuckle Off Road Sliders. However, I do not have the KDSS. I installed them myself with a floor jack and 2X4 with jack stands for a safety net. Super high quality.

Nice build! Clean looking truck and cool choice of wheel/tire combo.

Nicely done. Those wheels are the hotness... 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom