••2010-2013 GX 460 Special Service Campaign (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There are some systems you can check just with terminated wire on OBD port but seems engine & emissions doesn't really have a way to do that easily. Most of those codes can be picked up by general purpose OBD reader.

I always recommend OBD Link as is a close portable Techstream

It isn't the cheapest but software was written for the adapter and it also receives regular firmware updates.

I haven't. I don't have a device for doing that unless it can somehow be done without.
There are some systems you can check just with terminated wire on OBD port but seems engine & emissions doesn't really have a way to do that easily. Most of those codes can be picked up by general purpose OBD reader.

I always recommend OBD Link as is a close portable Techstream

It isn't the cheapest but software was written for the adapter and it also receives regular firmware updates.

I just went and bought a code reader and it looks like it’s a different problem. The code showed 2714 which I’m digging into right now.

They're telling me that my '13 doesn't qualify for this since there's no JLG on the records. I saw the same at Lexus drivers. This correct?

Good idea to keep it printed out.
Yeah, I've said to myself before when I've see/read something on MUD that I think I'll need to reference in the future, "Don't forget where you read that!" and sure enough a time will come when I want that info and can't find it!

My car doesn't show this on drivers.lexus.com though.

1664562246085.png

I'll check it out when I get the car back later today to see if the filter has already been replaced. Do we have a side by side of before and after?

I often use the bookmark feature here

That symbol to the left of post number in a thread
Soooo, how many years have I been on here?
Learn something new every day.
👍

What is the build month on your door frame VIN plate?

I am wondering if some of the latter 2013 models are not included.

There were 47,573 460s sold in the US according to these Lexus documents

Trim breakdown as well

The TSB states that 39,200 vehicles are included in JLG so that leaves out 8,373 unaccounted for.

Although it shows full build date ranges in the TSB

Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 4.51.37 PM.png

What is the build month on your door frame VIN plate?

I am wondering if some of the latter 2013 models are not included.

There were 47,573 460s sold in the US according to these Lexus documents

Trim breakdown as well

The TSB states that 39,200 vehicles are included in JLG so that leaves out 8,373 unaccounted for.

Although it shows full build date ranges in the TSB

View attachment 3131012
Says 9/12.

Haha, this also just showed up on my drivers.lexus service history.

9/29/2022 (148921 miles)

SERVICE:
BODY WINDOW/DOOR
DESCRIPTION: ~|~CUSTOMER IS INQUIRING ABOUT A FILTER THAT YOU CAN REPLACE FOR THE SECONDARY INJECTION SYSTEM FROM THE BULLETIN THAT HE HAS READ ABOUT ONLINE ~|~

And here's the report from 2017 when it was done:

3/29/2017 (73002 miles)

SERVICE:
ELECTRICAL & A/C
DESCRIPTION: ~|~CUST STATE MILS ON ~|~ ~|~OP-EG1403. 2.3HR. FPN-17610-0C040. 04006-37138. TROUBLE CODE-P442. COMPLETED L-SB-0028-14. REPLACE D AIR VALVE ASSEMBLIES. REPLACED AIR PUMP. COMPLET ED AIR SYSTEM CHECK. VEHICLE PASSED CHECK AND CODE S WERE CLEARED.

L-SB-0028-14 refers to: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2017/MC-10131780-9999.pdf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom