One piece front end - Pros/cons? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

As i was looking for new fiberglass fenders, i started wondering about a one-piece front end.

They are not that expensive, but shipping will be a hefty piece (to Iceland).

Is anyone here running a one piece front end?

Can you post your pros and cons?
Are you opening forward or to the rear?
Do you run a winch and/or lamps on the front?
Can you reccomend some manufacterer?
Do you have pics of your one piece front end, open or closed..

I was hoping for stock position regarding height of the fenders, but i will need them much wider, however i can widen them myself..

I have a original Gear driven winch, and will most likely need to run some lamps on the front, but maybe four on the roof will do..

What i have found so far (You will have to search can't post links.):
ozeastfibreglass4wd
4wdfiberglass

3.jpg

One piece front end with lifted fenders from http://www.4wdfiberglass.com

Why?

Just replace your fenders and be done. I understand you're in Iceland and part options are probably limited there, but if you're willing to look in the US for parts, I'd look in Europe and the Middle East also. Lots more options there.

The one piece would be a pain if you were to ever want a front bumper with any kind of guard or stinger. A winch might also screw you depending on how and how high its mounted. I find it handy to be able to remove the front panels individually.

D

Thanks for the replies guys,

I think you are all correct, it was just an impulse thought when i saw the low prices of the front ends.

On the other hand, can you reccomend any fiberglass fender maker?
It would be a plus if it was possible to get them in custom widths, although it isn't neccesary.

I would go with widened stock or aluminum for the sake of strength off road.. you may be able to even get new ones from toyota over there, in the us the drivers side is still available....

Those one piece front ends can be hinged but they work better as a lift off unit with latches or pins to secure them, sorting the headlights and wiring can be a pain in the backside if you setting it up as lift off or hinging it from the firewall, they are good for competition trucks for ease of access to the engine but not so good for a standard road truck. I use 4wdfiberglass's fibreglass front guards, nicely made and fit well, Steve will customise anything for you but getting anything shipped over to you from NZ would be expensive :)

I'd prefer steel or fiberglass to aluminium, i am not used to working with alu so widening them would cause a problem.

I'm not dealing with trees or rocks while off-roading, soft mats inside the fenders will cover it from stones from the tires on gravel road, but gravel roads and snow is the main driving i will be doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom