OME BP51 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was just reading about the new Old Man Emu suspension and was wondering if anyone has put the new BP51 on a GX 460 or 4Runner. I have a 2010 GX premium and have thrown around the idea of lifting and getting rid of the ride height air suspension. Has anyone removed the rear suspension on a premium?

I was told that the 200-Series Land Cruiser will be the first application to be distributed with other vehicles to follow. The projected intro date for other models such as the Tacoma, 4Runner, 100-Series would be late 2016-2017. I'm narrowing down my decision for a new trail rig and it's down to a Tacoma or 120/150 GX so I'm anxious for the addition of BP-51 products too!

2010 4runner and FJ 2010+ (150 series) BP-51 suspension is currently in the process of test fitting. The BP-51 system will be available for both KDSS and non KDSS 4runners and should be released sometime this winter. The 150 Prado BP-51 suspension is complete and is already in production in Australia. ARB is confirming fitment for our US spec trucks. I hope this helps.

We just welcomed a new 2016 4Runner TEP to the family, so I'm excited to see these shocks hit the market. It will be a while before I get to start modding, but I'm anxioustto hear more about these.

Just picked up my 16 TEP 4runner last week...looking hard at this setup. Mainline Overland is an ARB dealer and professional install shop.

MAXTRAX has a VDJ76 in Australia that's outfitted with BP51s. They're pretty damn great and a good compromise between a race-type shock and something you can put some miles on. Between that and the tuned V8 turbo-diesel and the go-fast suspension, it's enough to make you drool.

Is there a significant difference between the lwb prado and the 5th gen 4Runner ? Arb shows the bp51 for the prado and the same bp5190002 r/l for the front as that of the fj cruiser. But according to ARB USA that the valving is different .Also the prado 150 with kdss has a different left front shock bp5190004L as well as different resi mount kit .

I added BP51s with SPC UCAs to my 2014 GX 460 (stock had coils springs and KDSS) and have been happy with the set up. Guys at Slee installed for me and did a great job. Just got back from Moab and suspension performed great.

I think I followed NES74 on Fins and Things with the BP51 setup. I got a chance to see them in person and while I can't speak to ride quality - the material quality looked 1st class. Very nice setup. I have fox 2.5's but if I were starting from scratch I'd be inclined to go with the BP51s for the internal bypass if nothing else.

My only issue would be that I'd want to know where in the range the bypass is - it will ride differently at different ride heights because you'll be starting at a different point in the range of bypass where you'll get the better soft bump compliance. It may be possible that the BP51 isn't a good choice for running near OEM height, but is better for 2-3" lift height? I'm not sure about that.

Great looking GX460 BTW!

Yep, that was me. Fun trip although your 4Runner certainly gave me approach angle envy!

My front shocks do a bit of clunking in cold weather. Goes away when shocks warm up a bit. Don't notice any in warmer months.

I installed a complete BP51 kit on my 2007 GX470. Everything fit perfectly. I didn't have to modify a thing to fit the suspension. The only modifications was a rear coil spring conversion kit. I absolutely love this kit!!

I installed a complete BP51 kit on my 2007 GX470. Everything fit perfectly. I didn't have to modify a thing to fit the suspension. The only modifications was a rear coil spring conversion kit. I absolutely love this kit!!
Did you use the bp-51 for the fj or the 200 series

pics or didn't happen ..

Just bumping this thread in case any more GX owners have gone the OME BP 51 route.

Seems like the GX train is starting to catch fire, I'm thinking a lot more owners out there now looking to uncork this sleeper of an off-road monster!

Oh man, love it! Thanks for posting the video 22Eyunu35VO!

So... Who/Where is the Midwest shop/installer for this type of set-up? I appreciate the adjustability, but I'm pretty sure I'll have it set up once & never adjust it again (except for service/maintenance).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom