OME 863 vs 864 (finishing the perfect 80) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserdan said:
The tail gate is lined with a 1/4 inch thick sheet of tempered 6061 aluminum. That plate alone weighs 23 lbs. The gate easily supports a static, well distributed, load like that but it is not a diving board....... ;)

In stock form the lower center area of the gate is very susceptable to bending, even when kneeling on the gate in the center. This plate solves that problem nicely.

on that note about how much weight can the stock tail gate hold before damage occurs, just so i know who to tell to stop sitting on my tailgate

motherhucker said:
Hey dan what's the story on those Kick A** seat covers? They're KILLA!

With the black around the headrest holes, I'd have to say Spector seat covers, Tuff-Duck if I had to guess...

Jerome3 said:
on that note about how much weight can the stock tail gate hold before damage occurs, just so i know who to tell to stop sitting on my tailgate

I don't know, part of the issue is where the weight is placed. The top edge is fairly sturdy. the bottom center area (nearest the cargo floor when the gate is open) is not at all tough and a 175 lb person standing or kneeling in that area will almost certainly bend the gate. If you keep to the areas near the hinges the gate is stiffer there.

cruiserdan said:
I shoot High-power Service rifle. Each match consumes 88 rounds. In addition there is a bit of practice.

I participate in two matches a month so that does not go as far as you may think..:D

Sweet.. I know some guys that were on the Marine Corps team and have their distinquished shooter badges...

concretejungle said:
note to self..........never think you can run away from dan and think you're safe..... :D .

Second note to self.....go to Dan's house if the United States is ever invaded! :D

Brentbba said:
Second note to self.....go to Dan's house if the United States is ever invaded! :D

WOLVERINES!

(I love Red Dawn. The best part is it was filmed about two hours from where Dan is)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom