OME 2860 installed lopsided? (1 Viewer)

Just installed the springs and torsion bars yesterday and drove around a bit last night.

Today I took a measuring tape and noticed there's .75" difference being the driver side is higher.

Driver is sitting at 23.75 while passenger is at 23". I think the springs were 10mm higher on the diver's side or did I get it backwards??

JunkCrzr89

Competent Ignoramoose
SILVER Star
That's correct. Fill up your gas tank and then re-measure. That's why the DS is slightly taller.

Just installed the springs and torsion bars yesterday and drove around a bit last night.

Today I took a measuring tape and noticed there's .75" difference being the driver side is higher.

Driver is sitting at 23.75 while passenger is at 23". I think the springs were 10mm higher on the diver's side or did I get it backwards??
Rear? Front? Front and rear? You have to take all 4 corners into account. If the right front is low the left rear will come up.

abuck99

SILVER Star

Did you get TB DS/PS orientation installed correctly. What are the grease cap center to fender edge measurements up front?

Thanks for everyone’s input!!

Sorry forgot to clarify. It’s only the rear that has a difference. I will fill up the gas tank and see what’s it look like after.

Did you get TB DS/PS orientation installed correctly. What are the grease cap center to fender edge measurements up front?
The fronts were install incorrectly without moving 5 splines over and they are sitting at 19.5" with adjusting bolts in mid range. That will get fixed next week.

Just wondering..... if the torsion bar are installed correctly with the 5 splines offset, what would be the lowest ride height I could achieve? Also, how much height can be adjusted with the adjusting bolts? i.e. adjusting bolts fully in vs. fully out.

Going to correct the front end soon...

Does anyone know how much adjustment there is in the torsion bar? adjustment bolt full in vs. full out?

The fronts were install incorrectly without moving 5 splines over and they are sitting at 19.5" with adjusting bolts in mid range. That will get fixed next week.

Just wondering..... if the torsion bar are installed correctly with the 5 splines offset, what would be the lowest ride height I could achieve? Also, how much height can be adjusted with the adjusting bolts? i.e. adjusting bolts fully in vs. fully out.
That depends, folks will need to know how much heavier than stock you are. Front bumper, winch, skidplates, sliders, compressor, 2nd battery, etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom